Can't go on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't go on

I have been depressed for months not even leaving my house. I don't want to talk to my kids or do the things I use to enjoy. I've been on celexa for 10 days which is doing nothing. Some days I which I was dead

Oh, honey. What a terrible way to feel!

Sometimes meds can take a few days longer than this to kick in, but maybe a call to the prescribing doctor is in order because not all meds work for all people. I didn't do well on Celexa, but did great on Zoloft, for example. Sometimes it's a process to find the right one to help you life life and enjoy it again.

I am so glad you are reaching out for help--it's incrediby hard when you feel so terrible inside.

Comment

Please call your Dr.
      Many DMD's and other drugs can cause depression.
      It sounds like you need to change meds?
      Perhaps some talking to someone may help as well.

Hang in there. It does get better.

Comment

Bev -

Have you been feeling this way before starting the new med? If not, pick up the phone and call your doctor right now!

Meds affect different people different ways and some meds have worse reactions then they do benefits! I can't take most muscle relaxants cause they cause my muscles to actually lock up painfully. I can't take ambien either, causes me to become paranoid and not something I normally am!

Call the help line, even if you're just upset and want to talk to someone. You are welcome to email me off forum or my yahoo messenger id is listed in my profile, but talking to someone on the help line might be a huge plus for you right now. I'm happy to be an ear if you need one, but if you really do wish you were dead or thinking of pursuing that, there is still a big part of you who does not want that... you're reaching out for help, keep doing that!!

Please post again and let us know if you've talked to your doctor or called into a help line. I really think the new meds are throwing your brain way out of kilter.

Keep posting, people are here, listening and care!

Hugs,

Jen

Comment

It really does get better!

There have been many moments in my ups and downs with this disease that I can't possibly believe I can spend the rest of my life in this new body. Then, things get better or I'm able to deal better. But it WILL get better!!!!!

Comment

Hi Bev,

It's an awful feeling, isn't it At least you are aware of how you feel and reaching out for help, that is a step in the right direction

Call your Doctor who prescribed Celexa for you and let him know you are feeling no better. Some of the antidepressants take time, possibly a few weeks, for the patient to feel any difference. It is also possible the dosage is too low or Celexa is not the medication for you.

Finding the right antidepressant or combination of antidepressants can be a trial and error.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

i know i am new here, and i am so sorry you are feeling exasperated. We all have those days.

I have to share with you. A friend of mine committed suicide in november. 27 years old. Left behond a 3 yr old son who was his life. At his funeral there were about 500 people who were there to say goodbye. Many of us were so damn MAD at him that we could not even feel grief.

So PLEASE PLEASE call a suicide hotline. There are people who want to help you. LET THEM! i am CERTAIN that many people will miss you and be hurt/mad/sad. Suicide is the single most selfish thing a person can ever do. Please ask your doc for differnet meds. Godspeed! You CAN get on top of this!

Comment

Hi Bev,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way! I understand, because I suffer from major depression myself.

Definitely call your doctor and tell him/her what's going on. You don't need to tough it out for the full 2 to 4 weeks it can take for an antidepressant to work for you before you ask for help...especially not if you're feeling at all suicidal.

I hope you'll post again soon; we're all thinking of you and hoping we can help.

Comment

Try turning on some more lights

If you haven't already contacted your Dr.
                  In Oregon we have a lot of dark dreary days. The darker the day the more lights I have on.
                  If that doesn't help then I go wake up my old dog and pet her
                  Have you heard of the lamps that are supposed to mimic sun light? One might be a good investment for you as well as trying different antidepressants.
                  techie
                  Another pirated saying:
                  Half of life is if.
                  When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                  Dogs Rule!

Comment

One foot in front of the other. I've been where you are now, although you sound as though you're really at the end of your tether.

The depressing thoughts go round and round in your head, and you can't see any solution, until you think you are going mad.
                    Find some way to break the cycle.

Even posting here and opening up is a positive step. Seeing the dr and getting some antidepressants (even if they're not working yet) was a positive step.

Ring the doctor again, keep posting, sit in the sun. When your brain starts whirling with thoughts of how hopeless everything is, try to short circuit the process.

Easier to say than to do, I know.

Remember, you are not alone. There are people here who will listen, who understand, and who are wishing you well.

Comment

Hey Bev
                      How are you today? I'm glad you're reaching out & hope you're feeling even a little better. One day at a time--this stuff is so hard

Comment

Hey Bev, as you can see we call care about you and so sorry you are having a rough time.

I wonder what the dose is for the Celexa? Usually docs start really low to prevent any initial side effects then slowly increase the dose. What dose are you on now?

Remember.. your depression is not your fault, but is getting more serious.
                        CALL YOUR DOCTOR tonight ok?

Let us know how you're doing ok hon? This WILL past..you just need better care/treatment for this depression.

HUGS, Jan
                        I believe in miracles~!
                        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hello. Give the med time please. I know how you feel. I dont know how to help as time really is going to help if you can find some small things to look forward to. When i have anxiey i watch spongebob....he gets through so much and isnt afraid to show his emotions.

I had been to the point where for a brief moment i felt like wanting to kill my loved ones & then me. And i was feeling fine usually but anger was easy to come...as i was depressed. I started on 10mg but now on 20mg celexa.
                          Its hard to know what causes this the dx or the treatment or life. But we can keep trying if we dont give up. And maybe there is something right around the corner we dont want to miss.

I watched a movie on the nazi and a girl died right before the soldiers came saving them and the war was over. One more moment alive might have been enough to save her....knowing...hope for the future.
                          I prày you find your hope. Keep coming back.

Comment

How are you feeling today? I hope every day gets better for you. Stay strong!

Comment

Oh Bev please call the Hot Line on "Sparky10" post. & call your Dr. & tell him. I know not every med is right for you,but untill you find the right one, please call for help.
                              I'm praying for you,keep us posyed God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Working...
                              X