No announcement yet.

numbness and exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you have gotteon some good answers but just wanted to add my experience. The only exercise that actually makes me feel better after it is swimming. I live on a lake and in the summer can feel absolutely awful, jump in the water and instant relief.

So yes anything that cools your body will help. I have also heard good things about cooling vests and those gel neck thingees (lol) that can be put in the fridge. You can also accomplish this with a towel run under cold water worn around your neck while excersizing to see if it helps.

Good luck!
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Just wondering

Not to hijack your thread, but along these same lines, I have wondered if anyone has severe itching of the legs after exercise? Mine bother me so bad I have scratched until they are bruised. It does stop after awhile (probably once I cool off).
      I'm a mother, a wife, a nurse, and a graduate student... I guess it COULD be stress!

Comment

There is a great site where you can get a free exercise or yoga DVD specifically created for people with MS. I ordered it last year and loved it. It's got three different levels of exercise, based on your needs and capabilities. Even those in wheelchairs can exercise. And again, as I said, it's free!

Here's the link to the site. The button to order the free video is on the right side of the page:

http://www.msactivesource.com/ms-diet-and-exercise.xml
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
        X