leg and ankle pain anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leg and ankle pain anyone?

Hi, I have been diagnosed for 4 years and am finding that any time i go to the doctor for something that i don't think is ms related, the doctor says, well i'm not sure but it could be the ms. I try not to go too often for things because i know what the answer will be. What i would like to know is does anyone experience constant leg pain in the calves. It's relieved a bit by movement and stretching but now it is in my ankles too.I feel as though i need to constantly crack my ankles to relieve the pain. The pain is steady all day but at night i can not sleep beacuse of the urge to stretch my legs.

This has been going on for about a month now. Over the years i have had many leg problems starting as a child. The doctor started with growing pains and then as an adult it was rls. This particular pain doesn't feel like either. The pain is somewhat manageable aside from the sleep issue but now for about 1 week the pain has worsened and i am feeling like my feet are so cold that they are in pain. I thought circulation but the dr says probably the ms. Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to anyone. Your help would be great.Thanks

I have the same symptoms. If I haven't walked or used my leg muscles in a while, they stiffen up and cause lots of pain, from my calf to my heel. I think (personal opinion, not backed MD), I have Plantar Fascitis. Try rubbing your heel and calf muscles before you get up and start walking. As far as what your MD said about "could be MS", I'm in the opposite situation, I have to state, I think it's MS and then come up with some medical jargon. When I first started with back spams, he said I probably pulled a muscle or have a UTI. I research my symptoms, both on this website and internet in general, then call him and let him know what I have and why I think it's MS.

Comment

That's how my leg pain is. It happens every few months and will last for a few days. My calves and ankles (along with the bottoms of my feet) have a really deep pain. The muscles also feel tight and I find it difficult to sit still and I have a lot of trouble falling asleep. I tend to twitch my feet all night long and rub them against each other in attempt to alleviate the pain.

I don't know what it is from though and I wish I could suggest if it is MS related or something else.
      -------------------------------------
      undiagnosed,
      waiting for answers.

Comment

Do you also have uncontrolled twitching in your legs at any time? I have all of this; pain, need to stretch, and uncontrolled twitching. It is not uncommon in Restless Leg syndrome and Restless Leg Syndrome is common among MS patients. They put me on a parkinsons drug called requip which manages the twitching and need to stretch but does not help much with the pain.
        Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

First of all, I am sorry you are having this pain. BUT regardless of what it is.. the question also seems how to treat it? Do you have Baclofen or any other of the spasticity meds? What do you take for the pain and does it work?

You know your body well. It gets complicating when you have had/have more than one thing going on besides MS. Know that well. All I want is for a treatment/med that works and quickly. It may take a combo of meds too.

Good luck.. hope you get the help you need,

Gentle Hugs, Jan
          I believe in miracles~!
          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I have constant leg pain. Everyday 24/7. My PCP and I tried several meds but finally had to resort to Lortab to help relieve the pain.

My calves get sore alot as if I have been working out or running. But that comes goes. The pain never goes away.

I feel for you and I hope you get some relief soon. The pain can absolutely do you in.
            Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
            Babe Ruth

Comment

I too have this problem. I also have aching in all of my joints at times. At first, I thought the leg pain/aching was due to weight gain, but then the pain began also in my wrists and fingers and felt the same.

I use over the counter anti imflammatory meds and it does help.

I have mentioned this to my neurologist, but he hasn't really commented on it.

Comment

I have the same exact symptoms which was diagnosed as RLS. The only thing I have found to relieve the uncomfortable feelings and need to stretch and move my legs all night long is Ultracet. I have been on it for several years now and nothing else helped.

Comment

When this started with me, I told my GP that it was keeping my husband awake at night. As long as I was sleeping I wasn't aware it was happening. Gp treated it as RLS with a Parkinson's drug Miraplex, great for the twitching, nothing for the pain. Well, this doesn't only happen at night, if I'm reclined on the couch, sitting at the sewing machine or computer with my feet up. Went back to GP and he gave me Elavil and Percocet, turns out I'm allergic to Percocet. So again here I wait in limbo land, waiting for someone to figure it out. The Lyrica helps with some of the pain, but, not the excuriating pain in my Rt Knee or Lt Shoulder...go figure. Anyway I digress...The Miraplex keeps the RLS to a dull roar except for on really bad days and I wait patiently for some solid comfort.
                  If Your DREAMS DON'T SCARE YOU, THEY ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH...Dare to Dream

Comment

spasticity?

I have been experiencing the same pain. First, my thighs hurt so much and now it has gone into my calves and it feel like a crippled person. I can hardly walk, and forget about going up and down the stairs.

Heres another question. I see a lot on the boards about spasticity. Can anyone tell me if this could be that? Still not sure about all this MS stuff. Dx'd 9/7/11 and its all still new to me. Never really know anything about new sx

Thanks to all !
                    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
                    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
                    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Working...
                    X