Missing my parasite =( venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing my parasite =( venting

So I am all done with the clinical trial for pig whip worm. I know when I signed up that I could not take it forever. I just did not realize I would feel so sad about it ending.

I felt great while taking it and now that I am looking into the FDA approved treatments I feel frustrated.

It was so easy to take and did not bother me at all. I guess it just makes the shots all the more difficult to face. I only had to take the OVA once every 2 weeks orally. I am so afraid of the side effects of everything available.

I just want to scream, Just give me the dang parasite eggs! I imagine myself breaking into the hospital to steal them! Ok, Ok I won't steal anything. I like my freedom too much.

I have been wondering is there someway around the FDA? Do they ever give someone permission to take something that is not FDA approved? I mean aren't we eating live organisms in our pro biotics?

I really don't want to take any of the meds, truth be told. I would rather wait for the next phase of the study, even if it is 2 years from now. The thought of waiting scares me too.

Then I think about Pharma companies. If someone can't find a way to isolate what triggers the response in the whipworm and turn it into a pill for big profit will they continue to study it?

Ok I am done. Just typing my random thought to share.

An Australian bloke went to Africa and deliberately infected himself with hookworms. Walked around with no shoes on. Came back home, coughed up the eggs. Bred them somehow or other and will sell you a supply. (I think they were hookworms - it'll be on the Internet somewhere.)
    For those who've never heard of it, deliberately infesting yourself with worms sounds utterly disgusting, but apparently it works because parasites like a nice and quiet body in which to live.
    We Westerners are apparently just too clean and worm-free for our own good.

Comment

Yeap Jasper Lawrence, Autoimmune Therapies but I am not wanting to go to Mexico. He was selling them in the US until 2009. If you buy them from him you can get human whip worm also. It last a year.

You travel to San Diego and they meet you there and then take you to the clinic in Mexico. Once you take it you stay for an hour to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction.

I would just be concerned about taking it, if it will affect my chances of getting in the next part of the study. I have my last MRI for the observation period of the study this month. I will ask then if that would eliminate me as a participant. Maybe not, since I could just take a med to get rid of the human whip worm.

I would have to look into it more. Too bad I can't get it in Canada. I am much closer to Canada than I am Mexico. I am not a big fan of travel.

All I know is I would take the pig whip worm in again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Do you know a pig farmer?

Comment

FDA waiver?

I do believe there may be a way to get approval with some kind of waiver. I wanted to take Estriol, which is not approved for MS but was (and is) being studied for MS. I was able to get a prescription for it, but before I did that, I did look into waivers. It seems docs can apply for a variance sort of thing on this. I am not sure if whip worm would apply, but look up FDA approval and waivers....It might be quite do-able, if you can find a doc to help you out....

Comment

Working...
          X