Bad Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Day...

Today is one of those days I cannot stand. For some reason I am down in the dumps. Nothing I do seems to pick me up. Even thinking about the family Christmas brunch, which I look forward to every year, can raise my spirits. All I want to do is be alone. It seems that everything and everyone is getting on my nerves. I take an AD which normally works but every now and then I get in these moods.

I wonder if it is MS related? Does anyone else get in these moods? I don't want to hurt myself I just want to be alone.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I wish I could help, but I know how you feel. Many times I want to just be alone. Hide in some corner. But my house is small, so I think, "Where?" ha! Sometimes with great struggle, I walk up in the woods and chill. It is worth the ordeal.

I don't know your situation, but maybe if you just tell people that you just need to be alone for a while. No biggie. Just leave me alone for a while.

We all go through this with ms. And sometimes, it's just who we are. Everyone needs time for themselves.

Comment

Yep, I sure do get in those moods too!! Trying to think of what I usually do at those time. Oh ya- I BLAST my music- usually Bruce S or any rock and roll. This stupid ms is the pits!!

Just yesterday, when the meat packing place called and said that hubbies venison was ready for pick-up brought back many memories. Back in 2006 I used to go pick it up, carry it from the garage into the basement and put it into the chest freezer (which wasn't easy, cause I'm short!) Then I would go into work for 5 hours in a restaurent kitchen. I told this to hubby last night and followed it up with .... and now I have all I can do to lift a gallon of milk!!

I think many of us ms'ers get these down in the dumps feeling at one time or another. Impossible not to- for me anyway. It's hard not to think of all the things we can't do anymore. I know- we're suppose to think of what we still CAN do, instead of the negative. And then there is the phrase-- it could be worse!! Man, I hate that one. Then I say to myself--well it SURE could be BETTER TOO!!!!!

Hope this helps you some-just know that you are not alone in feeling down- been there many times. Not a day goes by that I don't think about ms. I'm reminded every time I try walking!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your having a bad day. I hate when that happens. ((hugs)) I hope your mood improves as the holiday gets closer but I know what you mean about wanting to be alone. I have that problem... alot. I don't know if it's MS or what. It just feels refreshing sometimes to be alone for a while. I know when I'm around alot of people it's like sensory overload, which is an everyday thing with work. I love to go home after a bad day and just sit in silence and relax. I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Oh Annie Louise, I know exactly how you feel. I am too the point that I don't like to be around many people at all except my family. My weiner dogs are my biggest distraction when I am like that. They always show unconditional love for me no matter what the circumstances. All I want to do is sleep when I am like this. I've gained 20 pounds since starting copaxone in June (probably not the meds) and hate how I look but do not have the ambition to do anything to change it. I LOVE Christmas but it seems as if it is more stressful every year because I can't do the things I want to do. Hang in there and my prayers are with you!

Comment

Oh Yes!!! I have felt the same way for about a week now. Also with the count down to Christmas my head is spinning. Thank goodness for online shopping...

Sometimes being by your self is all you want and you should give your self that I think it is sensory over load indeed. I get snappy sometimes and just want to nap but then get mad at myself for doing that too.

We who have MS have alot to deal with. No one understands either but others who have MS so that alone can really make me pretty down feeling.

Sometimes a good magazine, Music, or a good movie can help but sometimes nothing can help and you just have to let it pass. It's the pits! I take a AD too but still have my down days or even a down week. We just cant help it.
            Skinny/Jess

In Limbo for 7 years. MS Dx July 2011. I am a Copaxone Cutie

Comment

Hi Annie Louise,
              I understand the feeling. I take an AD too, but, like you, have been feeling down since yesterday. All I want to do is be alone, probably sleep would do me good but I keep messing with this computer !!! I don't know why I get this way, sometimes if I look back, it comes from overdoing it and being exhausted.
              Take some time for yourself and let those around you know that you are okay, you just need some down time. I find my husband gets his feelings hurt if I don't tell him how I am feeling......and he worries more...or he starts thinking I am upset with him....and that just creates drama which I am not in the mood for !!!!
              Hope you feel better soon, you are allowed to get down, just remember to come back up !!!!!! ( I started a grateful list that helps me get on the ride back up)

Comment

Hi Waydownsouth1,
                my post to Annie Louise was for you ,as well, as you started the post.........a little MS confusion here !!!

Hope you feel better soon, you are not alone !

Comment

Working...
                X