Nausea when overheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nausea when overheated

Will I never learn? I got my shower too hot again. Immediate weakness, dizziness, tremors, blurry vision, and this time nausea. I noticed a lot of fatigue today too. Maybe I'm coming down with something. Stomach virus? (Oh, I hope not!)

Have you ever gotten nauseated from getting overheated?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Shashi,

In retrospect this may be MS related. My mother recently told me that whenever we went to the beach I would actually complain that the heat made me sick and would throw up...sounds like I was a real picnic!!

Even now, when I get too hot I feel sick.

Now that I'm 50, a good hot flash can even do me in.

I've never understood it, but I hate being hot!!! I have to be careful in the shower, because even though I hate being hot, I still get tempted to take a nice hot shower at times.

Feel better!
    Dx 06/07
    Copaxone

Comment

Omgosh, Shashi. This is how the heat hit me this summer, besides all of the usual things. First I'd get a migraine. Following the migraine I'd be nauseous for days. A shower wasn't enough to hit me that way. It had to be a longer exposure to higher heat - like taking the unairconditioned car to the grocery store and getting stuck in detours and delays! Another biggie was the weekend we spent with family who didn't run the AC.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I could have used EPT shares a few summers ago the nausea was so awful. I was bike riding in 90 degree heat for exercise to combat the unwell feeling, what I now know is ON, cog fog and a couple of other sx's.

Well besides the fact that it would have had to be an immeculate conception. Commerical rights to that story would have been substantial.

Comment

Thankfully the nausea (and other symptoms) only lasted a few hours, so I guess it was from getting overheated. I know better than to turn the water on that hot; but it's cold here, and I wanted to warm up! It wasn't worth it! I hate feeling nauseous!

Thanks everyone and have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Lisa
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Hi Lisa,

I know 3 people who have that reaction to getting overheated, they do not have MS. Some people don't do well with heat.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X