Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Need Doc who can Diagnose with Negative MRI!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. I asked this question of my doctor, Jeffery Ortstadt at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.

Can you have MS with a normal MRI?

His answer was yes. It is very rare, but it happens. MS is a disease that requires detective work. Usually at some point lesions occur, but not always, and sometimes they just are not seen. So I am going to review your MRI's very well.

(- which to be honest probably was not done the first go around. )

I hope this helps.

LBJ

Comment

Originally posted by mommyRN View Post
      Sadly, I believe that. Because I am a woman, everything is due to stress, balancing work-home-family-school, or "in my head". It's frustrating.
      I hope my MD can see past the fact that I am a college student, single mommy with custody issues and not blame that for my symptoms. He says he likes to put stress low on the list of possible culprits and rule out more serious things first. If he rules out anything, I'd be more willing to take the "stress" diagnosis.

Comment

Have you had MRIs of any areas besides the brain? Like the c or t spine?

My first neuro mistook or ignored my abnormal brain MRI for small strokes, even with the notation on the MRI report that said " given the location a demyelinating disease such as MS isn`t entirely excluded.

MRIs of my c and t spine revealed more lesions consistent with a clinical history of MS.
        Single and loving it!

Comment

Medicine companies have programs to go on for those who cant afford the meds or have no insurance. I am on the program for Copaxone. I dont pay anything, the other part is if you do have insurance and cant afford the copay, they help with the copay. Its usually 25-35 dollars a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
            Have you had MRIs of any areas besides the brain? Like the c or t spine?

My first neuro mistook or ignored my abnormal brain MRI for small strokes, even with the notation on the MRI report that said " given the location a demyelinating disease such as MS isn`t entirely excluded.

MRIs of my c and t spine revealed more lesions consistent with a clinical history of MS.
            My first scan *was* of my c-spine. When a large lesion was found, we did a brain one, showing more.

There appears to be a wide range of expertise and opinion when it comes to diagnosing MS.

Comment

Working...
            X