Nesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nesting

I have my second appointment with the MS Neurologist next week for my official dx. My first symptoms occurred at the end of June and then went away. Since embarking on this journey, I find myself getting into periods of what I would call "nesting".

I took vacation time from work this week. No one is coming over, but I find myself doing deep cleaning - cleaning out cupboards, closets, etc. Yes, it needs it, but it's almost as if I'm driven to do this. I feel the need to get things in order...kind of like nesting before having a baby.

Recently, I've also found myself doing things (ie, bucket list types of things) now rather than waiting because I'm afraid if I wait something may happen with the MS to prevent me from being able to do it. And, I am diligently working to get our bills paid off in the event I have to stop working.

Anyone else find themselves doing this? How do you manage it?

You can come over to my house and nest all you want.

This is an unpredictable disease. What you are doing is a normal reaction to finding out you have a disease like MS. You're worried about your future. It is a scary time for you. Remember though we have meds they didn't have as late as the nineties. Good things are on the horizon. You might want to go a good mental health therapist. I know when I went throught my DX it was very helpful for me. You will go through a grief process like someone has died. Learn as much as you can about MS. There are many organizations to help you with this. Take avantage of them. This is a good starting point for you.

Comment

Sounds perfectly rational to me, plus you're keeping busy, so there's less time to worry.

Comment

Everything I do now comes with the precursor thought of preparing for the future. I am not a fatalist in my thinking; quite the opposite, I am very optimistic but I believe in being prepared for the worst, hoping for the best, that way all the bases are covered.
        Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Do it while you can, is all I can say. I would suspect you have quite a ways to go, but you never know. There are things I cannot do now, but what I can do, I will. No matter how hard. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. Or that I'm contributing. No one pushes me but myself.

I think all msers find an urgency to finished things now, because the uncertainty is in our faces.

I'm talking big stuff, mind you.

Comment

Working...
          X