MS hug and skin sensation question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS hug and skin sensation question.

Hello! I have had long-standing discomfort in my ribs on the right which I attribute to the MS hug. My question is, does anyone else feel like their skin almost itches in the same area when the hug kicks in? It's not true itching, not quite burning, but something in between. I just feel very inclined to scratch/rub my skin in the area.

I've been diagnosed for a little over 3 years and I started having problems with this before my diagnosis, around the time I had vertigo after a stomach flu. I actually saw a doctor because I'd had a cold and very unproductive coughs that lingered forEVER. The doc gave me inhalers and a breathing treatment but the pain came on for short periods, an hour or so, regardless of anything I tried.

Well, I'm having a bad Hug day, and I have a ring around my middle, right below my bra line, that feels like the skin is on fire. I wouldn't call it itching; it feels more like a horrible sunburn, I think. It feels like it's going to burn and constrict me in half.
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

Comment

Usually it's not awful, but it is like a daily ache. Feels like I injured my ribs but it never fully healed. Painful to the touch, too. If I didn't have the skin sensation weirdness and the hour or two here and there where it almost puts me in tears, I'd think it was not MS related. It never fully goes away...

Comment

Working...
      X