Feeling of being in motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling of being in motion

This has happened a few times and it always freaks me out. I was stopped still in traffic, waiting to move forward. I kind of closed my eyes for a minute and I had this feeling like my car was moving and I couldn't stop it. Looked up and of course I was not moving at all. But I sure was hitting the brake in a panic.

I get dizzy so often and looking up makes me worse. Can't watch a train go by or traffic moving past me. Is this neurological??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Not Sure

I am note sure what causes but I have always assumed it had to do with inner ear, balance, orientation, vertigo kind of thing.

It seems to happen to me when I am sitting still in my car and a car next to moves, and I can't tell if it is me or the other is moving.

It might be a vision thing too?
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Your description fits me exactly Matri mama. Thanks. Maybe we will figure it out someday.
      Marti

Comment

Hi Marti,

The symptoms are similar to mine in that what your eyes are seeing are not properly interpreted by your brain, thus the confusion.

Simply shutting your eyes removes most sensory input to the brain as to you location in relation to your environment. When I shut my eyes, I fall over, period! I would suggest not shutting your eyes in traffic like you describe as it sounds a tad risky.

You ask could it be neurological? Not fully knowing your medical history and not being in the medical profession, I am not qualified to state whether it is or is not. Being a human being with extensive medical poking, prodding, MRIs, etc. I would "guess," it might be neurological. To keep things in perspective here, I also can't tell if you're pregnant or balding either.

At the least present the information to your PCP and/or neurologist on your next visit to at least get it into your record.
        Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
        No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

Craig.. you are a hoot. I don't usually close my eyes while driving... yikes.. but I happened to just sort of blink slowly and got a sense of movement and then the panic set in when I thought my car was drifting. But I didn't want you to worry about me sleep driving!

My MS has caused a lot of dizziness and unsteadiness at times. In fact, sometimes I think that if I wasn't dizzy I'd feel pretty good. Right now I'm also dealing with Graves disease and a couple other autoimmune things so I'm not sure what's what.

Thanks to all.
          Marti

Comment

Working...
          X