AN AMAZING THING...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN AMAZING THING...

I know I am probably posting this in the wrong forum but I want to share this with everyone.

I am in sales and I had the most amazing client this afternoon. She will turn 41 on 11/20 and had a double mastectomy in July. She is still waiting to find out if she has to take chemo or not.

The ENERGY and ZEST for life she had was amazing. It was as if she was like a spirit drawing energy from everyone around her. She was truly an inspiration.

But, when she left I was exhausted. I made the sale but I was absolutley wornout. It was not from the work involved in the deal. I believe she sucked the energy right out of me. It was as if we connected. As if we had a common understanding with both of us suffering from a chronic illness.

It just goes to show, that no matter how bad we may have it there is always someone worse off. But I can tell you this, if she had not told me about her illness I would have never known.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

"A calm sea does not make a good sailor" -- African proverb

Comment

Great post Shelia!

I too thought the same thing but the honesty with which she told her story was inspiring. She reminded me that she knows all is not happy go lucky and the reality of her illness was ever present Thursday morning when she lost it. Holding her dog as though he was the only possession she had left cried her eyes out.

She was just inspiring.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Great story Waydwnsouth! Such a boost to see such motivation and positive energy in progress!!!
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Great story, except for the sucking the energy out of you part.
          Lately I have been inspired by Dancing with the stars contestant, actor, and war veteran J.R. Martinez.
          Not many of us can regain our ENERGY and ZEST for life after such invents, but for those you do I find hope and wisdom to live by.

If Martinez could develop a shining personify so bright, he is now a star.
          I surely can improve myself; there is hope it will likely take work, but if others can so can I.
          Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Working...
          X