New for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New for me

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this symptom.I have numbness and tingling frequently in
    two of my fingers on my left hand and sometimes the
    outer part of my hand to the wrist.
    Last night, my entire left hand had zaps (sensations) all over the hand. I don't know how else to describe it. I would feel a zap in one spot, then another area, then another area....it continued for about 30 minutes.
    Has anyone else felt frequent zapping that continues on a body part?

Hi jskmssss,

I have not had that symptom in my hand, but I had a similar sensation to what you're describing in my feet. Hopefully, someone else can confirm the hand thing for you.

Also, which two fingers? If you are talking about the 4th (ring finger) and 5th (pinkie) finger as well as the pinkie-side of the hand and wrist (presumably all on the same hand), then your symptoms are confined to the distribution of a single nerve*. That would be kind of like carpal tunnel but for a different nerve (ulnar nerve* not median). If that is true, then there might be treatment options. You should tell one of your doctors.

Jennie

*If you google "ulnar nerve" and look at the images, there are some good diagrams of which nerve innervates what part of the hand. This was my favorite: www dot mmc dot org slash em_body dot cfm?id=3242
    Do not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient unto the day is its own evil.
    -Matthew 6:34

Comment

i've had that sensation in my hand, and in my ring finger on my left hand. i get it now in my left foot. it comes then goes, so i dont worry much about it. but if its on and off for a long period of time, talk to ur doc.

Comment

I have had partial numbness etc in my left pinky & ring finger for years. I have had to occasional (rare) CLAW effect for decades. MY left side is my weaker side, both arm and leg.

Gomer

Comment

Fire pokers in my hands and feet

YES, I feel what I describe as Fire pokers in my hands and feet. Using ice packs on my hands helps calm them down. It is in the pointer, thumb and middle finger. It has happened on both my hands and down into my right foot. not fun. sorry you are experiencing that.
          Momma to 3 little ones

Comment

Working...
          X