No announcement yet.

how long you wait for appointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. I've had one neuro that I was set up with through the hospital that took two weeks to get into I believe? The next one I could call and be in within the week usually. This new one I'm getting ready to see I had to call back in September and am getting an appointment now. The receptionist said that it takes longer to get new patients in so I should be able to see him easier after we are established, and there are always cancellations so if it were an emergency I would be able to get in. I think it just all depends.
    Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
    Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

I got in for neuro consult same day eye dr. diagnosed my optic neuritis.

Then went for 2nd opinion and got appt. with neuro in 3 weeks. They had to cancel that and I saw NP in 2 weeks.

Haven't had to have an unscheduled appt. yet so not sure how that works.

To put it into perspective, though, my son needed to see neuro for Tourette's and they were scheduling out almost 3 months.

And, when I tried to make an appt. for Gilenya pre-screening with the dermatologist, I was told that they could get me an appointment in May. Really ? 7 months for a drug pre-screen ? My neuro's office is now going to try to work with the dermatologist's office to get me in sooner.

I think geographics and # of patients in an area contribute to schedule time - and it doesn't mean that a busy doctor is a better doctor.

Comment

With my neuro it really just depends. If I call in with a problem I get within hours. He ALWAYS wants to see you if you call in with a problem and he does not believe in making you wait. He said he believes that if it were important enough for you to call he should make it important enough to see you.

The only appointment I have had to make was my first one. It was a referral from my PCP and I got in within a week. The have all been follow ups at different intervals.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

My first visit with my neuro took only a week or so. I was referred from my PCP. After this neuro gave me a dx I was determined to see the best neuro available in Philadelphia who specialized in MS. Did all the research on line to find the one that I thought was the best then called for an appointment. 6 months Are you kidding. No way. I'll stick with my original guy. He fits my personality and is knowledgeable regarding MS. Plus he did his research on my specific sx.

I'll stay right were I am unless things go down hill very fast.
          Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

Working...
          X