No announcement yet.

restless legs symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS, guess i have it too then! i can`t keep my legs from not "jumping or twitching", mostly they just stretch themselves. i`m in a wc 24/7, so other than tying them down, i`m powerless to stop it!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Oh wow- I'm so sorry, hunterd. They have a drug for it but it's got some crazy side effects and I'm not sure what other meds can be taken with it. I would massage my legs and that used to help some.
      This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

tonic water

Think tonic water did help some----not totally but enough for me to get to sleep! Try it, can't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
          THANKS, guess i have it too then! i can`t keep my legs from not "jumping or twitching", mostly they just stretch themselves. i`m in a wc 24/7, so other than tying them down, i`m powerless to stop it!
          Hi, I am new here and I don't have MS, what I do have is RLS and occasionally PLM's. It sounds like you are experiencing PLM's. (periodic limb movements) For RLS I take Mirapex, used to take others but they lost their effectiveness. The RLS meds. do help with the PLM's. Neurontin, which I take, does not help, never has although it helps others. You should ask your Neuro. doc. about it....if it's starting to make you miserable or just occassionally annoying the RLS meds. work for both...they do not have to build up in your body.

I hope to get some input on a thread I have asked to post "RLS symptoms"....maybe you can elaborate on your MS symptoms versus the possible RLS symptoms. I am having a difficult time in my upper body and don't really know what it is. Take Care.

Comment

Ug,...I've dealt with RLS for years. Been on Requip. Some times it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I try not to take it too early before I go to bed. I have just been dx in August with MS. Now, my Neuro tells me it is all connected. Good luck to you. Seems like all my "individual" problems have all come together as one happy family called MS now!
            BlessMS
            Diagnosed 8/25/11 Copaxone
            Phil 4:13

Comment

About two months ago, my Neurologist prescribed Carbidopa-Levodopa for my RLS. It is medication orginally for Parkinson's disease, but she said that studies have shown it to be effective on RLS too (but the exact reason for its effectiveness is unknown).

I noticed a significant difference the day after taking a nightly dose of two pills. I no longer felt that need to stretch my legs (usually happened at night, when I am in bed). I also noticed that the "pins and needles" sensation that I would get on my feet have dramatically dropped in intensity. Also, it seemed to stop the periodic twitches that I would get on my face, arms and legs. Those are the three symptoms that the medication seems to have an immediate impact on. I have not noticed any effect with the other common symptoms that I have with MS (e.g. "buzz", light-headedness).

I cannot definitely prove that it was the medication (one can argue that I have finally entered the "remission" stage) that helped, but I do believe it has a major role in controlling these symptoms.

Comment

Working...
              X