No announcement yet.

Insomnia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I began to have insomnia for the first time in 20 years recently. Some people say that VitaminD gives them insomnia. Are you taking large amounts? Don't stop, but maybe that's it.

As far as sleeping medicine, benedryl is good. If that doesn't work, or you need something longer-term, there's an antidepressant that's not very good, but sure makes you sleepy. My GP prescribed it for me and it's great.

My buddy was put on it (he doesn't have MS) and lost weight because apparently, he hadn't been sleeping well for years.

Sleep is hugely important with MS.

Comment

BigA what is the name of the medication?
      Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to list it. It's called trazodone

Comment

I've heard of that. Thanks. I'm going to try the benedryl first and see if that works but then if not I might ask the doctor. I desperately need some sleep!
          Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

I wish I could take benadryl, but I have to take them so often anymore that they do nothing for me (drowsiness wise) I might try some unisom... but i am calling my doc for sure.

Comment

I've been up for three days with little naps here and there. Benadryl makes me restless.
              "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
              DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
              (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLinings View Post
                I too deal with insomnia and have Ambien to use when it gets really bad. I do much worse when I'm not able to get regular sleep and completely understand how frustrating it can be.
                I don't sleep for more than 4-5 hours at a time.
                Ambien helps me without a hang-over.
                Benadryl leaves me very sleepy the next day.

Dealing with this for 10+ years. I just sleep when I can.
                It really sucks to never be well rested.

Comment

Working...
                X