Is this spasticity? (Sorry - long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this spasticity? (Sorry - long)

For a few days about three weeks ago I was getting a sensation in my left trapezius(?) muscle which radiated up the left side of my neck, that felt like a cramp was coming but didn't eventuate. Since then, that same muscle has been feeling unbearably tight, and as if it's going to really cramp up if I can't relax it. I've been trying heat on it and tiger balm and get some light relief but it just keeps on going.

If I massage it too hard it makes me feel a bit queasy. But massage is exactly what it feels like it wants. I've also had some tingling further down the muscle sort of between the shoulder blades, and some pain and weak feeling in the muscle that feels like it sits between the two bones in my forearm.

I mentioned it to my GP when I saw her on Monday, (before it really ramped up) asking if it could be a lack of magnesium - as I didn't really want to think that it could be an MS symptom, and she suggested I start taking a low dose magnesium supplement as it couldn't hurt - which I've been doing for nearly a week, but since that time it's really ramped up and is pretty constant now, going from a feeling of impending cramp to full on "knots in the muscle" tightness.

Is this spasticity? Could it be something else and I have worsened it with the magnesium? And any suggestions to get through the next week & a half before I can see anyone other than the camp medic (with very little in their arsenal) for some relief?

Sorry for the length and thanks for any ideas you can come up with.
    Teresa
    Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current
Working...
X