Tingly foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingly foot

My left foot has been tingly for two days. I thought maybe it was because I slept funny or because I had to sit in a chair for several hours Tuesday night, but it doesn't seem to be going away.

Of all the weird MS-like symptoms I have ever had, I've never had numb, tingly feelings that lasted for more than maybe a few minutes or hours. So this is a first for me.

I've also noticed that my balance is off, and I'm walking like a drunken sailor and having problems standing without falling to the side. I'm also having burning sensations on the right side of my face and my right hand is having "zingers" (shooting nerve pain). I've been very stressed out at my job from working almost 50 hours in the past four days. I'm extremely exhausted right now (and still have 2 more hours to go before I get off from work. I came in at 8 a.m.) Could this be the start of a flare up of symptoms, or is it just exhaustion causing these problems?

(And no, I haven't gotten the results back from my MRI yet. I've been working so much I haven't even had time to call. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a change though, not that I could see anyway.)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Yes, it could be the start to a flare... From what little I know. Lol!

I'm having the balance problem and always have the standing still problem.. I can't stand still and stay upright unless I have a chair to lean on and sooner or later sit on.

I'm sorry you are still having these problems today. Maybe you should call your Neurological tomorrow and talk to him. I worry about you. You are working yourself to death... I know it's a must but when you wear your body out it wears on your health...

Praying for you and you know I'm here anytime you need, e-mail, text, call or Facebook me. Lol! Hugs
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

My answer is possibly both... these could be new symptoms that are just showing up due to fatigue or a full-blown flare. I sometimes get new symptoms when I'm worn out, so I'm never sure. I would guess that they're worth a call to the neuro no matter what.

Comment

Had similar sxs in 09 flare

Sorry for your weird sxs...and perhaps your neuro will give you some insight. I have had tingly feet since a major flare in 09....That's when my balance went south too...Now I'm not say'n you are in a flare...just check it out.

Don't want to scare you. I'll pray that you get better.
        [I]Tellnhelen
        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

tingly foot

I have had my entire right leg and both feet be tingly since the first onset of MS. It is incredibly annoying and has been that way since Jan 2010 and it also affects my balance. I have fallen a couple of times. The feet seem to get worse when I wear shoes so I take them off when at work since I have a desk job, it does not make it go away, but it makes it easier to deal with.

Comment

I'm thinking this may be a flare-up, perhaps brought on by either the weather changing (which usually occurs) or by my exhausting work schedule.

My left foot is even tinglier (is that a word?) today, my balance is worse, and now my ribs on the left side have started hurting (the hug), which usually happens when I'm having a flare up. Also, my eyelid and eye on the right side have been twitching since yesterday.

I called my neurologist's office and left a message to find out what the results of my MRI were and to report about the symptoms I'm having right now. Since it's Friday though, I may not get a call back, because I'm not sure my doctor is in his office on Fridays. We'll see.

Thanks for all the input, by the way. It just kind of worries me about my foot being tingly for so long. I've never had that happen before.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I just got a call from the nurse at my doctor's office. She said he wasn't in the office this week, but she'd send him a message to see what he says about my symptoms. She also said that my MRI didn't look too bad, nothing immediately concerning. I kind of figured that, as it didn't look like it had changed much from last year.

So, I guess we'll see what the doctor says. Meanwhile, I'm going to go take a nap. Hopefully I'll feel better when I wake up.

Comment

Working...
              X