MS app for phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS app for phone

MSAA has a free app for phone for keeping track of info, I have not looked at it or what info they require from you as I am not into fancy phones myself, it is free for those with MS and caregivers.

msassociation.org/programs/mobile/
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Thanks for the info. I don't have a "fancy" phone myself, but do have an ipad and maybe there's an app for that.

But speaking of fancy phones...my son and DIL just got the new iPhones, and that Siri application might be pretty handy for an MSer, especially one with dexterity problems.

You speak into the phone your request, or the message you want to text, questions, etc...and a voice synthesizer answers you, basically carries on a conversation with you. It can keep track of appointments/scheduling, look up phone numbers, work as a gps, etc.

Plus you put in your info to customize it, so, for example, when my kid said to the phone, "Call my wife"...it knows who his wife is. They've even built a sense of humor into the Siri app. He said something to the effect of "I love you Siri" and it answered back, "I hope you don't say that to other cell phones."

Not sure of the cost, I think they're around $200, but a step above any smart phone I've seen.

Comment

Working...
    X