Feeling Pretty "Buzzed" - Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Pretty "Buzzed" - Help?

Last Saturday I had a 6-hour experience with vertigo - my first one. The vertigo has subsided, however I continue to feel very "buzzed" . I'm way off balance and am walking like a man who's had waaayyyy too much to drink. (I quit that almost nine months ago)

It's starting to concern me. Are there meds for this? Should I call my neuro?

I just don't want to appear "dramatic" .....you know what I mean?

Thanks.
    "Tona Naze"
    Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

If you (or someone) has found a pill that will make the buzzed feeling go away, I would LOVE to hear about it.

My biggest/longest symptom has been dizziness. I even described it the same way you did to my neuro. I feel like I always have a buzz and frankly, it's not as fun as it used to be if I had a few drinks. It's not fun when the feeling doesn't go away.

I have tried Meclinize but it never helped. When I go from buzzed to full-on drunk then I have IVSM.
    ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

I would call your neuro just to let them know how you are feeling. They may want to make sure it doesn't get any worse or may have some suggetions on how to make you feel better.

Since my relapse in June, I have had bouts of vertigo and that buzz feeling as well. It comes and goes (especially in the car). I just told my neuro what I was feeling and marked it down as a symptom at this point.

Hope you feel better!
      dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

That is probably THE suckiest symptom to have to deal with AND try to accommodate!

Valium helps, and some people have had success with the anticholenergic drugs like Antivert or Bonine. DEFINITELY call your doctor, and good luck!
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Working...
        X