No announcement yet.

Fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to nail this fatigue-thing down. I exercise regularly, try to eat right and get an adequate amount of sleep. However...

Every day about the same time, a "wave" of fatigue washes over me and I go from alert and productive to extremely sleepy in a very short period of time. I find it hard to move and function and I have to force myself to walk around to stay awake. People at work are noticing this and that's a BAD thing. Is this MS-associated?
    "Tona Naze"
    Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

Comment

oso49 - I have the same thing although some days it's just a bit less, around 3 p.m. for me.

I have been using a swig of 5-hour energy dietary supplement to help me get through the afternoon and home from work.

I told the neuro doc and he had no problem with it, just a bunch of B-6, B-12 (which I take a high dose in the morning also), niacin, and some caffeine. Better than meds!!

I only take one swig, about 1/3 of the bottle.

And yes, my doc said the afternoon fatigue was a pattern for MS and he said most patients feel it hit between 2-3.
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

jbell2435,

Thank you for the information. I'll try the "energy drink" and see what happens.

Thanks again!
        "Tona Naze"
        Symptoms for six years plus. Dx RRMS September 2011. Drugs??? Nope!!!

Comment

Working...
        X