Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else dx'd with Spasticity, Dystonia, and RRMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else dx'd with Spasticity, Dystonia, and RRMS?

The last few months, apparently my body has become bored
    with just dealing with RRMS, MCTD(mixed connective tissue disease), and severe spasticity.

Now...I can add Dystonia (involuntary muscle contortions) in hands/fingers, legs-inner upper thighs and entire feet.

I am currently taking a low dose of Baclofen that is going to most likely increased next dr appt.

I'm also on 40mg a day of lasix due to severe pitting edema in legs and abdomen.

I guess I just want to know if others have these similar complications and how you are dealing with it.

It's quite much for me...*long sigh*
    ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
    dx'd rrms in '97

I'm not sure if you can add me to your list of people with this problem...

First, I must ask: Do you think you could elaborate on muscle contortions? What are some examples?

P.S. I really hope you feel better!!!
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

I am sorry you have all this to deal with.

I get this in my neck, my muscles get so spastic that they pull my neck down to the right. It is like a severe spasm, you know, like a charlie horse, my neuro called it dystonia.

This is the only area I have had it in, unless, this severe back pain between my shoulder blades could be related to this. who knows!

Hope you feel better soon.
      DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

According to my dr...

the involuntary twisting and strange positioning of my fingers and/or thumb/s (thumb will try to curl upwards and smash itself against my palm)...

Combined with pain when it occurs...and/or same events occurring in feet/toes - especially big toe trying to curl upward by itself whilst causing great pain...

Is called Dystonia.

When it happens to my legs, usually inner muscles feel like they are twisted and cramping

I hope that helps explain what is going on better.
        ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
        dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Sounds a bit like when I had what I called "dancing fingers".

Each finger seemed to have a mind of its own and it scared the you know what out of me as some of them were moving in ways I could never do on my own (go ahead... try to get your middle finger to wiggle back and forth at the knuckle...).

Other than that, I have feet that feel like I... I don't know how to describe it... I guess it felt like my tendon was dislocated or something. It hurts like crazy and I have to stomp my foot when it happens to tolerate it until it goes away.

Then, there are the jumpy leg and back muscles but I always figured those were muscle spasms. I get charlie horse type feelings, too. No fun!

I don't know... Does this sound at all like what you were talking about? I don't even have a dx but what you spoke of seemed to be something I could relate to. I also have spasticity and, if I DID end up with a dx of MS, it would most likely be RRMS.

In any case, feel better!!!
          [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
          X