Arms shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arms shot

Really having a difficult time right now. Have pain in my legs (from the knee down) all the time and my arms/hands have no coordination at all. To the point where it is difficuly to feed myself. Taking a new med for the legs, which has helped some, but the last Dr. I had evaluate things said my arms/ hands he doesn't know what to do.

I have had Solumedrol before, and I have suggested that, but my neurolgist is causious because it is a steroid. At this point, I don't care! Just want something to help.

Have your Dr send you to a PT for now, to see if they can help you regain some of the strength you've lost. If nothing else they may have other ideas for you to try. Do that as soon as you can, in order to start right away. I wonder if water therapy would be good for you?

By the way I do NOT know all your circumstances but it is amazing to me that it appears your Dr has shrugged and walked away from this problem!

Debbie

Comment

Thanks for your reply Debbie. Strenth isn't the problem. They tested that and it is good. It is the coordination. I can't hardly pick anything up. They are going to send an occupational therapist to the house, though. I just think my regular neurologist is out of ideas. (I heard back from them after putting up my first post)

Comment

Hugs hpyglmr

Comment

Do you have a diagnosis of MS hpyglmr? Are you on any of the regular medications?

I hope the Drs are able to get your pain stopped and that your strength returns to your arms
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Yes Sue. I have the more rare progressive/relapsing kind. Been diagnosed about 8 years now. I take Betaseron, baclofen, and just started diazapan (spelling). Strength isn't the problem. Control is. Whenever I try to pick something up, it is quite the adventure. Something will happen eventually.

Comment

hpyglmr -
              I'm sorry, no doubt you are frustrated.

I'm glad you are seeing an OT - I've seen them do wonders for people who have lost control of limbs for various reasons. I truly hope it helps you. Give it some time though, not a fast fix, unfortunately.
              This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Working...
              X