Bad Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Leg

Hi. Freaking out a little. Can't use my left leg today. This is the first time I haven't been able to use even my cane to get around. I tried a skateboard but I have no strength for that anymore.

What do I do? I have no money, no car, no dx, no current doctors and no ideas.

Help?
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Not exactly sure of what advice to give you for this situation. Is there someone you feel comfortable giving a call to?

Sorry I couldn't be of any help to you but hope that your current situation improves.

Comment

What a nice way to wake up, eh? My GP would say to call your neuro, or go to the ER. Is there an ER near you where docs are familiar with your case?

And ER can't turn you away, and you can negotiate the bills when it's over if you cash pay.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I forgot to add, sometimes a trip to ER is a good way to find a new doc. It's happened more than once.
        I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I can't say my luck has ever been good at the ER. Maybe it's my location. I wrote to the NMSS to see if they could help me with a new doc and maybe some kind of mobile assistance (like a wc ).

I don't have too much of a social network. I left my sister a msg but she can be tough to get a hold of. I'm a little worried about telling her, though, as she cried when I told her I had lost vision in my left eye and my left arm was numb/weak. This will really throw her for a loop.

I'll post an update when something happens.

Thank you for your responses and please, cross your fingers!

Comment

I know this sounds extremely weird, but when my leg paralysis, i actually walk backwards to get around the house. it works better than a walker and it doesn't hurt my hip. Hope you find some help soon.

Comment

Haha You know what's funny? I'm not sure why but I had JUST been sitting outside, thinking about walking backwards.

Coincidence? Psychic ability? We will never know.

What I do know is, unfortunately, I'm not able to put any weight on my leg at all or I crazy wobble until I'm falling sideways and hitting the ground.

Useless leg... I should just feed it to my cats. :P

I do appreciate your thoughts (my thoughts, too?), though.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
              X