Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors Through NMSS?

So I had this idea...

Due to the incredible amount of stress I've had with the past docs I've had, I'm shunning them and on the prowl for new docs.

I had to make an abrupt stop with the realization that I have no idea HOW to find new docs. So I'm wondering...

Has anyone ever gone directly to the NMSS to get names of doctors in your area? And, if so, do they state insurance information?

I've had enough of trial and error with doctors who just don't give a [hoot] about their patients and only want to get them in and out as fast as possible. I need someone who likes problem solving and will nitpick me until they've figured out what's wrong with me.

I'd like a choice, this time. Maybe I'm asking for too much, I don't know... I'm just so tired of being shoved aside, called crazy or treated like I'm making it all up.

Anyway, I look forward to any suggestions, replies, etc...

Thanks for reading!!!
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Yep! I moved from Florida to N. Carolina and asked the NMSS chapter in NC for a list of docs in my city and then asked my neuro in FLorida to recommend somone and he happened to be on the list! He and my FL neuro know eachother, which was very lucky for me.

But, yes, they offer lists and insurance information. Sometimes the ins. info is out of date but you can call and find out.

Good luck!
    This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

To answer your question, no I haven't gone to the NMSS but that's a good idea.

Here is another link:
      http://www.msneuroratings.com/ratings.php

Comment

Here is the information for your chapter (there's only one in the state of Connecticut). They should have a list of MS-specific physicians in your area.

Connecticut

659 Tower Avenue, First Floor
        Hartford, CT 06112
        Phone: 860-913-2550
        Fax: 860-761-2466
        Email: info@ctfightsMS.org

You'd have to ask the doctor about what insurance he/she will or will not take. Good luck!
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I Thought I Responded to This

Thank you, all!!! I wrote the CT chapter an email. I did get a response that it was received. I can't wait to hear back from them.

I'll keep you posted!
          [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
          X