No announcement yet.

Duration of relapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier in this adventure I could positively identify remission/relapses - roughly 3 months each. So twice a year - spring and fall, I'd relapse.

Now, I can't tell. It's pretty steady. It's bad, but that's a relative statement. The only people that know I have MS are those I've told - it's not obvious.

Dx Feb 1988.

Tom
    "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
    - Voltaire

Comment

FINALLY~~~

Thank you all so much...

It took two relapses for me to be diagnosed August 24th, w2011. I keep wondering if I'm having another one, of still not over them yet. I just feel so very sick. I wouldn't call what I feel in my left arm "numbness". It aches, and is extremely weak. I have optic neuritis, like right this very minute, my arm is "sort of" throbbing, but not painfully so, just, I don't know. This disease makes you doubt everything. Walking ~ well, I've had 3 back surgeries, so that's another story in itself. They've been unable to do any MRI's since I have a neurostimulator "installed" 2 years ago, but before that I already had lesions on my brain and spinal column because I've suffered from meningitis 2x's.

My neuro diagnosed me with epilepsy 8 years ago, and was suspect of MS at that time. The last few days all I've wanted to do is sleep, sleep, sleep. I was keeping my 3 year old grandson and had to call my daughter to come and get him. My patience was running a little short, and I felt really bad, but I just couldn't do it anymore. My shoulders are very sore, and one of my lymph nodes in my scalp are sore. I know - very wierd. Oh - did I mention as well, that I'm 51 and a bedwetter? Isn't that just wonderful? Talk about depression
      BlessMS
      Diagnosed 8/25/11 Copaxone
      Phil 4:13

Comment

Don't feel bad, Bless.

I'm 30 and my bladder has a mind of its own, too. :P

And I'm surprised my kids haven't moved out by now, with how cranky I can be, at times.

Don't be sad. Get the rest you need and try not to be so hard on yourself. Just hearing you talk about your feelings the way you do tells me you are a wonderful person who just has an uncooperative body.

I really hope you feel better, soon.

I send you super hugs!
        [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
        X