Because life doesn't care that I have MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because life doesn't care that I have MS

This is more of a vent or an outlet for my frustration. In the midst of the worst flare I've ever had, my dad has passed away.
    I've spent the last 5 weeks literally bedridden with vertigo and unable to walk. I had to constantly remind myself that this will pass, I just needed to focus on resting and healing. And then this.

My dad had his own serious health issues and suffered cardiac arrest after having surgery. Although he was sick, we did not expect this.

So here I sit, trying to focus all my energy on my well being and I get slammed. I know there is never a "good" time to have a flare or to lose a parent, but this is probably the worst time for me.
    I am on the verge of recovering thanks to a massive dose of prednisone, but my heart is just beginning to start the healing process.

Life can be so cruel sometimes.
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

I send you all the hugs my body can give. I'm so sorry all of this is happening in your life. I wrap your heart in sunshine.
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Gypsy,

I'm so sorry. No words will change what you have to deal with but my heart goes out to you and I hope you feel better soon and remember all the good things about your dad.
      This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

so sorry about your dad. i hope you`re healing from your flare. your heart will heal too in time, just keep those positive memories going.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Gypsy, sorry for the loss of your father. I lost mine last year, so I completely understand what your feeling as it's still pretty fresh in my mind. All I can say is that time will help.

Stress is very hard on us with ms. Hopefully your flare will subside soon. I agree- life can be cruel.

Comment

Sending you big time HUGS from my heart to yours, gypsy!!!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your dad. Big Hugs

Comment

Gypsy, my thoughts are with you. Sometimes life just doesn"t seem fair.

Think of happy, positive times for you & your dad The sun will shine again

Toot
                toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
                Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. He'll always be with you though as i'm sure you know.

I hope your flare up subsides in time, try some meditation work may help heal you also. (((hugs))))

Sparky excellent point.
                  Jen Dx'd 5/11
                  "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Gypsy I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Hope you soon recover from your flare also.
                    Sue

Comment

My condolences on losing your father. I know what it's like to lose a parent, and there's only one this I can say: You'll never stop missing him, but in time the good memories will be stronger than the pain you carry. I've just reached that point 3 years after losing my mom.
                      Dx'd on 10-17-11
                      Avonex since 10/28/11 - Tysabri since 1-26-12 - 18 doses, then Betaseron since 9/4/13
                      Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what? – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations Book 7

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear you lost your Dad, I am sending thoughts and prayers your way. It hurts so badly in the begining you think you'll never stop feeling that pain so deeply. I hope you start to heal from this exacerbation so that you can deal with your grief as well.

Debbie

Comment

Prayers

I pray that you, and those around you, have the strength and courage to move through this so very difficult time. - M
                          M.
                          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X