Traveling with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with MS

I am wanting to take a trip to Europe this summer but am concerned about traveling to foreign countries with MS. Not as much about possible symptoms as I have been stable for years, but more of having to take my liquid medications with and having problems getting through customs.

Has anyone ever traveled outside of the US since their diagnosis and had problems getting through customs? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have done it a number of times and never had a problem. Just be sure to put your meds in your carry-on and have the prescription label from the box with them.
    Dx 4/04
    Copaxone 5/04-3/05
    Rebif 4/05-present

Comment

I went to Aruba this past winter with my family. I got a letter from my doctor saying I have MS and take medicine. I also got a wheel chair and was able to cut through the long customs line.Make sure the place you are staying has a refrigorator to store your meds.

Comment

I have traveled around Europe often (live there). Both flying and by train/car. I have also gone to S America recently. I take my injections and medicines as hand luggage and am always ready with a letter from my GP saying what I take and why, and that freezer blocks are required. I show my bag with the injections and say "medicines"-to this day I have never been asked for the letter! Once or twice someone peers in. I actually find it a bit odd!!

Comment

Working...
        X