Heaviness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaviness

What is that? I can't tell what it is. Is it a paresthesia? Spasm? Weakness? Does anyone have an idea?

Mine only gets that way with weakness and spasms. It's kind of hard to separate them out.

But if someone has a clue, I wouldn't mind being enlightened.

I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

I think it's weakness. My legs sometimes feel very heavy, like I can hardly lift them to put on pants. It's a sx; you should note it.
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

Comment

Isn't that an awesome feeling? Okay, maybe not so much...... sigh. It is a horrible, debilitating feeling. I am going through an exacerbation right now and that is one of the major issues.

I tell people that it would be similar to running the Boston Marathon. You push, pull & drag yourself across the finish line and some one says to you... okay, nice warm up, now go start the race! That is how dead my legs feel. So yeah I truly understand.

That is the weakness. I was kind of relieved when the spasms were starting (before they got bad too) as then I could move my legs a bit better. They were still weak & exhausted feeling but the spasms helped to stiffen the muscles. Weird but true.

Hang in there, hopefully it will ease up for you. Try and rest and put your legs up when it hits, even for just a minute or two.

Debbie

Comment

I'm doing three days of IV steroids to try to shut down this MS hug I've been battling for so long, but I was surprised at how much has been helped. I'd been having some heavy-legs and I guess I had barely noticed (because I am in SO MUCH PAIN from MS hug), but now my legs feel light and strong again. And my vision has cleared up a lot. It was like I'd been in a dim room with the curtains shut, and suddenly someone opening the curtains and there's light out there! I hadn't even realized how dark it was for me all the time.

Heavy legs and heavy arms really stink. But for me they don't usually spasm. Well, I have an arm that spasms. Might be worth talking to your neuro.
        Proud Mom of three kids!
        dx'd 1996

Comment

bless your ! no wonder i haven't heard from you.
          i call them peg or wooden legs. that's what my left one is doing right now during this relapse. it's frustrating and ungangly trying to walk or do anything.
          i'm on roids right now so that's helped some. the shakes are fewer and further between. i'm afraid i'm not much help.
          i just reported it to dr., he saw me and when it continued to get worse put me on roids.
          i've had heavy legs and arms to the point i didn't want to move, but with treatment did get better.
          so hang in there! maybe you'll have some relief soon!
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

LOL, dp. The marathon description hits the nail on the head. I can so relate to having it so heavy you don't want to move. That was me last summer. Even 15 minutes on my feet left me feeling like my knees would buckle and I had to sit down. Glad we got the countertop height kitchen table and chairs. It really helped come dinnertime to be able to pull up one of those chairs to the stove and cook.

I'm wondering if the heaviness is the feeling of paralysis. I hate using that word, but it seems to be connected to the weakness more than the spasms.

Comment

heavy

i hate the heavy legs, but my pcp says its muscle weakness.... parathesis(sp?) is what he is calling it when i cant feel/use my legs at all from the knee down...

used to be my whole right leg...now i get this knees down thing every now and then...sux...

hope you are feeling better JJ!
              your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

Hi BR! Doing better. I hope the same for you. Thanks for the input on this. Weakness, it is. Seems to be the consensus. Ew.

Comment

Working...
                X