Calling all limbo-landers limbo check in 10/11/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShakespeareMama View Post
    I think I'm going to look for an app for my phone that will have constant alarms and messages reminding me of appts. I may find an alarm program for my computer, as well. That way, my whole house will explode with noise and hopefully that will, at least, scare me into not forgetting. Haha
    Do you have an iPhone? I have found my iPhone to be incredibly useful for managing appointments and medications.

Medications -- I go to the alarm clock function, set the time for when I am supposed to take a med, set it to repeat every day, and then name the alarm the med I am supposed to take. Then, the alarm goes off when I am supposed to take something, and the screen tells me what I should be taking.

Appointments -- The iPhone's iCal function is great for this, because you can set a "reminder" for the appointment anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to a day in advance. Also, I color code my appointments, so at a glance, I can look at the upcoming days and know when I have work meetings, appointments, etc.

Comment

We use the iPhone and iPod for the alarm functions too. We use it to remind us when it's time for our son's meds. Otherwise, one of the both of us might forget on any given day. It's been a sanity saver.

I use it for all kinds of things now. If I have to get a snooze in before an appt., I'll set it 30 minutes before I have to leave. It's a stress-free way to sneak in a nap.
      I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Have to find a wc. Not happy about it...

Left leg decided to flip me the bird as of...yesterday? Day before? Can't remember...

Anyway, yeah... No money, no car, no friends, no leg (no woman no cry?)...

Bah to this! Did I mention I'm not happy about it?
        [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Hugs, Shakespearemama. I don't know how you can have so much patience with what you're going through. I can, however, relate to the fear of visiting another new doc.

I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Sick of being sick!

I hope this post isn't to long but I need to get some stuff off my chest. I have been in limbo now for over 4 years. Everything started with a numb patch on my leg, within a week the left side of my face was numb, including my tongue, left eye was twiching (with pain behind my eye). My hands and feei were tingling and numb... then came the fatigue, I couldn't function at all. Then I got the stabbing pain on the left side of my face, I have never felt pain like this before and I've had 3 kids...

I got extreamly scared and made an app. to see my Dr., he took a lot of blood test's and said it sounds like possible MS, but there is no pain with MS... all the blod test's came back normal and he said he thinks it might be anxiety, he ordered an mri on my brain and put me on some meds for enxiety. Mri came back inconclusive, I had a reaction from the meds, that had me up for 2 nights straight urinating... he said it wasn't from the meds, did a urine test (came back normal). What a surprise!!!

Then I decided to take matters into my own hands and check out MS symptoms myself... this doctor acted like he knew everything but in fact, he knew nothing... that first flare lasted 3 months of having a hard time walking, couldn't drive because I would get lost, (the store was 4 blocks away) I would sit in my car and cry until it came back to me... I couldn't wash my hair because I couldn't hold my arms up that long. It was horrible. Went to new Doc. she wanted me to take 3 mile wals a day, (what part of I can't be in the heat did she not understand).

I gave up on Dr.'s for a couple of years and finally went back a couple of months ago. What a joke. When she said she would order an mri scan on my brain... I asked her what she thought about doing my spine too (with and without contrast), she told me that would only help if they thought I had an infection. I had my mri done on my brain and saw the neuro before the results came back. By the time I saw the neuro my symptoms were almost all gone, go figure! He did some tests and gazed over the long list of symptoms I've had over the past 4 yrs. and told me I had a stiff neck and that was why I was getting my headaches. lol, I don't get headaches. He wanted to perscribe me antidepresants for my stiff neck.

I called my regular Doc. and told her I want a second opinion, so I called the Neur's office and told them I would like to see someone else, Ha... she was snotty and said "well I can put in a request and see if anybody will take your case" WOW really! Needless to say, I haven't been back to any doctor since, sick of the bull... and I am so frustrated that nobody takes me seriously. Wow that felt good to get all that out, thanks for listening. Char

**post edited by Moderator to break into paragraphs for easier reading! many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print**

Comment

Oh man. I joined here, not having been tested or even having seen a neurologist. I'm glad this thread exists, because I otherwise feel out of place without a diagnosis. I see things I want to reply to, but then I remember that my official diagnosis isn't MS, and that what I have to say may not be relevant at all.

After three years of suffering odd neurological symptoms, my cardiologist finally diagnosed me with dysautonomia/autonomic dysfunction this past January (see my intro post in question and answer- I didn't see the intro section until too late!). My symptoms come and go which is inconsistent with dysautonomia. I have some symptoms that aren't covered by the autonomic dysfunction umbrella, but that could be caused by MS.

Then yesterday I woke up and my legs were painful refused to work. I fell down. I had a really hard time until my legs "warmed up" and even then I keep walking like I'm drunk. The pain has gotten worse since yesterday, and is moving up my back. My legs will randomly give out on me and I'll have to catch myself on something or fall down.

This has happened to me before and after a couple weeks of it getting worse and worse I was in a wheelchair. Later, it spontaneously resolved.

I dunno what to do. I have work, and my family doesn't even believe that I'm sick :c

Comment

Allene, Big Shooter-- Welcome! This "limbo land" thread pops up weekly (thanks to minivanmama!), and it serves as a great resource to discuss and vent amongst other folks struggling with undiagnosed neurological issues that may be or mimic MS.

A new thread is started every Tuesday, and our new one just was posted a few hours ago (dated 10/18/2011). So come on over to that thread and introduce yourselves. It's great support for us really cool people who just happen to be looking for the source of our problems.

Comment

Working...
                X