Another question about numbness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question about numbness

I have been noticing recently that during sleep my hands are going to sleep.

I am noticing if I talk on the phone my right hand goes to sleep while holding the phone up.

Is this normal or is this part of my other tingling buzzing numb feelings I have been having in left leg?

I tend to shrug things off but wonder if it is related.

TIA!
    Lori
    Limbolander.... Lori
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice in it!

carpal tunnel?

that sounds like what happened to me when i had carpal tunnel really bad in my right hand. you should be tested for that before thinking it is ms related, i think. good luck!
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

I recently had EMG/NCS on both arms, both legs and back and neck. Does that test for carpal tunnel?

I have also had an increase in my numbness in my left toes. Sunday I had an extreme case of spasticity or stiffness as well. My muscles were so tight from my scalp to my toes. My hands and feet were cramping up and I had an awful muscle cramp in my left calf. I do have a dx of spasticity of the muscles for that was worth.

Just trying to piece things together. I am not supposed to go back to the MS dr until December.

Thank You. I will look into the carpal tunnel stuff.
      Limbolander.... Lori
      This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice in it!

Comment

That happens to me, too. Often times, if I sleep with my arm above my head/heart it'll go numb. Or sit with it for awhile above my head (like holding a phone). Usually the right. There was also a time when I would wake up and my arm would be so numb that I couldn't move it and would have to use my other hand to move it until feeling came back.

I don't know if it's MS related, though.
        -------------------------------------
        undiagnosed,
        waiting for answers.

Comment

Working...
        X