Can UTIs come and go? Sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can UTIs come and go? Sorry!

Can an UTI come and go? I have had what I thought was an UTI coming for the past few days to a week.

It will hurt and burn when I "go," and even cause urgency.

(I usually have retention issues.) But just when I think I can't take it and I will need to go get checked- I feel fine again.

In the past, I have had kidney infections without any symptoms of a UTI so I am wondering if that is what is going on.

I don't have a fever, and I haven't noticed anything else too out of the ordinary for me anyhow.

Just wondering if they can go away with out meds.

Thanks

Having MS and judging by symptoms if you do or don't have a UTI is tricky. I never have symptoms until it's full blown...and I get fussed at by the doctor for not coming in sooner, when I didn't have a clue I had one.

I'd say get it checked out, if it is a UTI it won't go away on it's own. leaving one untreated can lead to a kidney infection.

Comment

It is possible to flush a UTI out of your system, by upping your fluid intake, specifically water.

Comment

I hate to get all personal here, but do you have those urgency/burning feelings when you have recently had sex? I do, and my doc told me to take one antibiotic prophylactically after sex. I don't do this often, but sometimes I do. Just a thought....

Comment

These types of UTI type feelings that come and go can be caused by IC - interstitial cystitis.

You can look up some info about it at:
          http://www.ic-network.com/

I think it's important to see a urologist to determine the cause of the feelings even if it is not a UTI. There could be something else, such as IC, causing the problem and it might be treatable.

It is certainly not "normal" to have those types of feelings regularly.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I will try increasing my fluid intake and see if that helps. I already think I drink alot of water in a day.

I have been dxd with a neurogenic bladder, but have issues with retention not urgency.

This makes me wonder if the retention has lead to an UTI again.

But just when I am about to go get tested, it eases up.

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
            X