Another silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another silly question

Do you remember as a kid when you would sit the wrong way for too long and your foot fell asleep? Has the recovery from that changed at all over the years?

I've noticed over the last five or so years, mine now goes dead numb, and I no longer get those painful tinglies when it wakes up again. I have to be very careful walking when it's asleep until it comes back, because I can't feel a thing until it does. But it does no longer tingle or prickle when waking up again.

Has anyone else noticed a change in this process with age?
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

not with age

I noticed it with the progression of my MS. I still get the prickles every now and again but if my foot or leg goes to sleep all the way....oh man, crap, dang it,....cuz in many many minutes it will come back.

What I've noticed is that it takes loads longer for the feeling to come back. So I don't walk on it till its back. I have enough troubles walking I'm not adding dead foot to the mix!!! LOL

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

now that you mentioned it..you're right! I don't get those 'stabbing' tingles when it's waking up, it's just very, very numb and I have to be careful walking on it...

now is that MS or aging? geeze, who knows?
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Huge for me!

Yes, my feet and legs, and arms and hands will "fall asleep" much more frequently, and more severely. Absolutely! Only twice I have made the mistake of thinking that a leg that had fallen asleep would hold me up. Guess what? It doesn't. My legs and feet fall asleep daily, often. Usually, they "wake up" quickly, and often with the tingles and pins and needles feeling. (When my son was little, he would say, "I have bees". So I still think about how I have bees).

Comment

It happened with my arm recently when I woke up in the morning. The entire thing was dead, as in, I could only move it a little bit, and very awkwardly at that. It was several minutes before it woke up and moved normally, and there were no pins and needles during the process either.

I didn't think much of it, except that it seemed odd. But then I remembered the foot thing has been changing too, and realized no prickles with that either.

I took a chance and asked the neuro's NP about it at my last visit. She looked at me like I'd lost my mind, but said since the feeling does come back not to worry. I wasn't worried, per se, more curious. Now another health professional thinks I'm a fruitcake.

Maybe it's safer to ask here. LOL This is such a minor thing, but odd, and I got curious enough to ask. I highly doubt this is something patients report to their docs.
          I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

"I have bees."

That is the cutest thing, EVER!!!
            [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

I have those pins and needles in my hands and feet all the time. Not numbness though.
              Proud Mom of three kids!
              dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
              X