What kinds of pain does MS cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw my primary care

I saw my primary care doctor last Thursday and he put me on Prednisone for five days. This morning was my last dose. I am still having the leg pain and achy feeling. I might have overdone it in the kitchen cooking dinner last night. I woke up at 2:45 am and was feeling it pretty bad. I took some baclofen, tylenol, and a xanax and slept until 9:45 am. I'm feeling a little better now.

I'm hoping to hear from my neuro today. I'm supposed to be starting the Glyenia in a few weeks and really need to be on some form of medication. I was on Tysabri for a year and stopped taking it out of fear of PML. I feel it was a bad choice because I've relapsed twice now in the last seven months. With both relapses in the past month. I can't wait to start the new meds. It's funny that I actually thought I was cured from the Tysabri. I felt so good besides from the weight I gained. I didn't relapse until month seven. But oh does MS have a way of rearing its ugly head. BAM! here we go again.

I have had that banding feeling around my rib cage before. I've read up on it and think people call it the MS "hug." Just so you can research it as well.

shannon

Comment

Tommy Lee and oso49

What you're describing sounds like MS hug. Check out the threads on MS hug. There's several of us who have that squeezing sensation in the ribs. For me it can be just like a tight belt right at my bra line, or it can be from my armpits to my hips, just tight, squeezing me in two. It's terribly painful. I'm on Betaseron, Zoloft, Lyrica, Nortriptyline, Zanaflex, and Ambien. None of it helps much.
      Proud Mom of three kids!
      dx'd 1996

Comment

MS HUG

Oh my gosh... I just read that others have had this tightening around their chest that I'm going to see a Rheumotolgist about today! This could be MS?? I tried to find the string on "MS HUG" but can't find it... can someone tell me how to get to that information?.. I'm new to this website. Any other hints or advice on this website is also appreciated! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl View Post
          What you're describing sounds like MS hug. Check out the threads on MS hug. There's several of us who have that squeezing sensation in the ribs. For me it can be just like a tight belt right at my bra line, or it can be from my armpits to my hips, just tight, squeezing me in two. It's terribly painful. I'm on Betaseron, Zoloft, Lyrica, Nortriptyline, Zanaflex, and Ambien. None of it helps much.
          Yes I know it is the "hug". Have lived with it for a decade or more.
          Also have used the same drug cocktail accept I was on Avonex instead of Betaseron.

I dumped all of them started to work on diet and exercise and use MM. - I feel some relief but if I cheat on my diet or skip the MM I feel alot worse.

I can manage it but I am never free from it.

I would take my bra off but I don't wear one.
          Actually the squeese hits me a little lower. It feels like a huge hose-clamp is around my waist and it keeps getting tighter.
          A HUG does not begin to describe the pain properly.
          For me,this is the worst part of MS. Very painful and it makes it difficult to eat.
          I would like to try Botox for it but I have not found a Dr that I trust to try it. (i don't want to be the experiment, I would like to find an expert.)

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post
            I would take my bra off but I don't wear one.
            LOL! What is MM?
            Proud Mom of three kids!
            dx'd 1996

Comment

LOL! What is MM?
              Medical Marijuana.

Comment

OMG.

I see you live in Colorado. I wonder if Oklahoma has MM? How do you get your doctor to prescribe that? Does it feel shady, like you have to speak in code? Do you just come right out and say, "I need MM"? Or does the doctor have to suggest it to you. Was your doc resistant to that, and wanting you to try anything else? It seems silly because I am high as a kite from Lyrica and Valium. So it seems silly that MM would be frowned on. Weird, huh? My DH has said several times that he wishes he could find some guy on the corner and get me some, to help me relax and hopeful relieve the hug. But neither of us know how to do it that way. I'd rather get it from the doctor. Maybe I should mention it at my next visit.
                Proud Mom of three kids!
                dx'd 1996

Comment

OMG.

I see you live in Colorado. I wonder if Oklahoma has MM? ///

I don't think so but you could google it and find out.

How do you get your doctor to prescribe that? ///
                  There are lots of Dr's that will prescribe it. Most dispencary's will guide you to a Dr that will write a script. It is easy to get here.

Does it feel shady, like you have to speak in code? ///
                  Sort of. It still has a huge stigma so I just do my best to be descreet.
                  The code words here are 420 or Bob or Bud.
                  You can find it on most college campus's without a permit. Just go buy a High Times Magazine and they will list hot spots and tell you what is market price and code words for your area.
                  ... Or just go to a concert or some type of demonstration and follow your nose.

Do you just come right out and say, "I need MM"? ///
                  Yes.

Was your doc resistant to that, and wanting you to try anything else?///
                  Well sort of. My Neuro had already tried countless drug cocklails and we were runnunig out of options.
                  I don't like the way opiates make me feel and I don't respond well to most antidepressants. She said, I can't officially reccomend marajuanna but you should use what works best.
                  My Gastro said he thought it was a good fit.

It seems silly because I am high as a kite from Lyrica and Valium.///
                  Thats my problem with Pharm drugs. They make me feel completely detached. Numb to everything. Even my thoughts become numb.
                  Nobody talks about the wild mood swings or fog the high powered pharm drugs put people into.

So it seems silly that MM would be frowned on. Weird, huh?///
                  Weird and ignorant. Why is it so hard to get a drug that is OD proof?

My DH has said several times that he wishes he could find some guy on the corner and get me some, to help me relax and hopeful relieve the hug. But neither of us know how to do it that way. I'd rather get it from the doctor. Maybe I should mention it at my next visit.
                  You can mention it but I don't think you can buy it in your state.
                  It may be easier to drop a few code words in the right places or just attend a NORMAL meeting in your area and you will find piles of reefer.

If you get some start slow. This stuff is much more potent than the stuff that was around when I was in school.

There are risks; If you have pee tests for work it could get you fired. If you are sloppy and use it in public you could get arrested. Some people freak out from the effect and get sick.
                  It can't kill you no matter how much you use.
                  If you use too much it will may cause you to become lazy and dim. (like you are on Lycra and Valium?)

Its not for everybody and it is not a magic cure, but it works best for me.
                  When I find something better I will switch. (I am not a smoker and don't like my mouth tasting like a dirty ashtray.)

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any ? you may have.
                  I have no medical training but I am an expert when it comes to MM. Have used it for 10+ years.

Comment

I have smoked pot before and found it intensified whatever I was feeling. So when I was nervous and worried about getting caught, I would get really paranoid. If I was having fun with friends, I'd laugh hysterically and get the munchies. DH thinks it would help me relax in the way that Valium does. If MM isn't legal in Oklahoma I won't do it, because I don't want to break the law. But just to be clear, I'm not judging anyone; I just do what's right for me. No judgements on anybody else.

I'm just going to ask my neuro at my next visit to increase my dosage of Valium so I can take it more often to relax my muscles. Right now my scrip is for 10 mg a day; I need more like 30 mg a day.

Lyrica amps me up and makes me hyper and talkative. Hence these long rambling posts. But you're a great guy, tommylee! Thank you for answering all my questions! You're super!

P.S. I am very sorry to the OP hope32 for hijacking your thread. I apologize.
                    Proud Mom of three kids!
                    dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
                    X