Which Leg is Worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Leg is Worse?

For me it's like ping pong--I never know which way the ball is going to go. Just when I think one leg is really fine and it's the other one that's wonky (weak, foot not rising off the ground), they switch out on me, or sometimes both are off on the same day.

Finding it hard to make much progress, since there hasn't been a day in four months when both are really fine.

Is this kind of instability--the instabiity of instability!--a common thing?

Left is definitely worst, though the right one isn't going to win any prizes.

Comment

My left leg is always worse but the right is slowly trying to catch up to the left.
      "Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole."

Comment

My legs do not play favorites, one is not worse that the other. I deal with bi-lateral legs problems.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My whole left side is worse than my right. But when I had my first episode 31 years ago, it was on the right. The next flare, 29 years later (2 yrs ago) was on the left. Both sides are impacted though...

Comment

My left side wins the award for me. The right only goes along for sympathy or something. All symptoms I have had, occured on the left to begin with. My ON, buzz/tingling crap, the spasms & spasticity (to start with) the ms hug and the face, scalp numbness, all on the left. Which makes sense i guess since most lesions i have are on the right.

Debbie

Comment

My left leg is worse too, as is my left arm. I have a present Babinski reflex in my left foot. The evoked potential test was abnormal on my left leg. My left leg and arm are both weaker, and usually when I have buzzing sensations or my hand and foot feel like they're on fire, it's on the left.

(Lots of lefties here. I wonder if that's typical.)
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

My left leg is worse, too...along with the rest of the left side of my body.

In recent years, though, I've started to have some of the same problems with my right leg, although to a lesser extent...so far.

Oddly enough, it's never been both sides spazzing at the same time...so far.

Comment

Left side is the bad one. The right side is getting weak but other than that is unaffected.

Comment

My left side also seems to be affected worse than my right also.
                    BUT when I am walking and suddenly a leg wants to give out it is almost always my right leg that goes. That somewhat confuses me.
                    DX 10/26/11

Comment

Sorry all you "Lefties" mine is all on my right. It started in my right leg 13yrs.ago,took dr's 2 yrs to dx. Then it progressed to my right foot, then right hand & arm.
                      Now use Rollator & wheelchair,OH the fun of this MonSter!
                      God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Oh I did forget...actually my right foot has been numb for about a month now...so I guess both legs are affected the same pretty much.
                        DX 10/26/11

Comment

My left leg...and arm...are now essentially paralyzed after 30+ years of MS, but the disease has pretty much affected me globally at this stage of the game.

I've had it (diagnosed) since I was a young adult, so none of this is unexpected.
                          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

reminds me of the beast on the beach

by dr. seuss hehe

which beast is the worst beast

sometimes I like the beach on the east beach least....
                            hehe

Comment

L E F T ..........

Not that my right leg is anything to brag about..lol

I also have partial numbness in my LEFT hand.

RIGHT side, head/neck is where I get the MonSter Zaps tho..

Gomer Go figure?

Comment

Working...
                              X