No announcement yet.

Cooling vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumpinjiminy U need to get a FREE car from Goodwill ondr StVincentDePaul with AIR cnd

jumpinjiminy, you do need to get a free car from Goodwill, St Vincent De Paul, your local MS society. Even with a vest, for your health, you do need air conditioning in your car.

When I was still working, we would always donate our car to Goodwill, rather than accept the small dollar amount from the dealer for the "trade in" value. These charities do have cars, specifically needed by someone like you.

I am glad you are using the cooling vests, but please contact these charities. There are many people like me, who have donated the car, specifically to help someone like you. I know that I am annoying, but please contact the charities or your local churches to get a car with air conditioning. Do you have air conditioning in your apartment or a room in your home?

Comment

I finally got my cooling vest, it's a Steele (made in the US)... OMG, it's wonderful! I've even used it in the house, when I started getting too warm.

I went out today and did a little weeding, guess I really shouldn't as my legs went bad, but that happens from "over-doing" it (everything now a days is over doing it) or heat. I was not hot, so guess I over did it!
      MS, it's a brain thang!
      Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Have You Tried It?

I live in North Texas too and can identify with the latest heat wave! Have you tried the ooling vest? If so, which one. Unfortunately/fortunately I do not qualify for a free vest and am looking to buy one. My problem is that due to neck surgery in the past, I wear a Thermo Heat pad most days on my shoulder. The rest of me needs cooling, yeah I know I'm weird.
        Originally posted by MadamMarvelJen View Post
        Brian and Carol, I saw one of your previous post about the Veskimo cooling system and it peaked my interest. I also live in the North Texas area and I am dreading the relentless HEAT !

The system looks like something I should invest in soon. Can you tell me how heavy the vest & backpack are when empty, also how heavy is it when full. I could not find this out on their website.

I would love to go to a baseball game and, this just maybe the ticket. Does Carol use this just running errands like grocery shopping etc.? I bet walking outside in 100 temps. & wearing this has got to feel wonderful!
        My Cross To Bear Keeps Fallin Off

Comment

Just got my cooling vest

I applied for my free cooling vest. I picked the one you wear under you're shirt. It WAS as easy as they say to order, you just request the paper work fill it out, get a little note from you're doctor stating that you have a Dx of MS. Send it all in, I received mine within 2 weeks (maybe less) I wore it for the first time the other day while taking my son swimming. I am thinking it will stay very cool for about 2 hours, I only wore it for about and hour or a lil more. When I came home and took it off the ice packs were still very cold. I just wish it was a little longer, and you can't hide it at all, u can see it threw ur tee....but its worth it to feel better out in this unforgiving heat! Good Luck.

Angie
          Live Love Laugh

Comment

I'm trying to find a cooling vest for my son-in-law. He works for a spray-foam insulation company and has to work in the heat wearing a protective cover-up. He became ill last week from the heat. (I think his boss should provide these, but it's a small new company, and I don't think the owner can afford them.)

What type of cooling vest would be best in his situation? I know there is the evaporative kind, but I don't know if that type would work under his jumpsuit. Would the types with the ice packs stay cold long enough? I'm sure he'd have to carry a cooler with backup packs.
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
            X