sliding board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sliding board

OK; I admit this is rather bizarre, but we want to liven up the boards a bit, right? And I also know that this wouldn't be suitable for many people, but has anyone (other than me) considered putting a sliding board on their stairs to make it easier to get down them? My cellar steps aren't quite a full flight, but for some reason I have more difficulty with them than the ones going upstairs. The kids have an old, unused sliding board, and I've just wondered if we could fasten it against the wall and then maybe attach a knotted rope at the top that I could hang onto to slow my descent.

Haven't mentioned it to the kids, because after they were done laughing themselves silly they'd tell me it's suicidal and they won't be a part of it. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
    Haven't mentioned it to the kids, because after they were done laughing themselves silly they'd tell me it's suicidal and they won't be a part of it. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
    Hmmm. Thinking you have some smart kids. But you did put a smile on my face ! Thanks NoraS !

Comment

All humor aside , I had to look up sliding boards to see what you were talking about. Let's hope the board only takes up half the stairs, so you could climb back up. Maybe you could put in some sort of speed bumps for a safer ride down? Good luck, brave one!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

You would have every neighborhood kid wanting to come over your house for the inside slide! Rope or no rope, I can see myself going headfirst!
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Pennstater, you'd only do that once. The bottom landing ends at a cement wall. I'd have to pad it if I go through with this insane thought.

Seasha, that made me laugh. I'd be the cartoon character who bounces off the ceiling and lands at the bottom in a crumpled heap.

What gave me the idea was an article I saw in some hoity-toity house magazine where these rich people built indoor slides for their kids in conjunction with their steps. My legs still work well enough that I think I could stop myself at the bottom (note that "think" part).

The more I think about it, I may try discussing it with my uncle-the-house-flipper. He already knows I'm crazy...

Comment

Hi NoraS ~

Well that's thinking outside of the box.

I'm wondering about your being able to stand up safely, when you've reached the bottom of the slide?

Good luck!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yeah, KoKo; I haven't worked that part out yet...

Comment

Working...
              X