X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoKo
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertG478 View Post
    I currently should be using an AFO but stopped because it was uncomfortable and I felt like it was making me weaker.
    Robert ~

I've seen other types of foot drop aids on Amazon, that appear less cumbersome, but they're for mild to moderate foot drop.

I use the custom made 'heavy duty' type for severe foot drop.

If you're able to strengthen and improve those muscles involved, that is even better yet.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• RobertG478
    replied
    Originally posted by KoKo View Post
    Thank you Robert.

If you don't mind my asking, are you currently using any mobility aids? (AFO, cane, rollator, scooter, wheelchair, etc)

I need an AFO for foot drop, the full support of a 4-wheel rollator for moving around my apartment, and a wheelchair for longer distances.

Take Care
    I currently should be using an AFO but stopped because it was uncomfortable and I felt like it was making me weaker. Right now I am just using a quad cane and a rollator

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hey Guys, I appreciate the responses. It does look a bit complicated, but the testimonial videos are what drew me in.

I'll take a deeper dive and let you all know
    Thank you Robert.

If you don't mind my asking, are you currently using any mobility aids? (AFO, cane, rollator, scooter, wheelchair, etc)

I need an AFO for foot drop, the full support of a 4-wheel rollator for moving around my apartment, and a wheelchair for longer distances.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• RobertG478
    replied
    Hey Guys, I appreciate the responses. It does look a bit complicated, but the testimonial videos are what drew me in.

I'll take a deeper dive and let you all know

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Yes; welcome to MSWorld, Robert. I don't have any knowledge or experience, either, with the NewGait Device. I'm still a cane user.

Leave a comment:

• Boudreaux
    replied
    Sorry Robert, I dont know anyone who uses that device. Welcome to the forum and please tell us more as you learn about it.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hello, I am new to this forum and am interested in assistive devices. Like most of you I don't have a lot of $$ to spend so I became interested when I saw NewGait online (https://www.thenewgait.com/). Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has tried it?
    Hi Robert and Welcome

Thank you for bringing this device to our attention. I had not seen the NewGait before.

It reminds me a little bit of an HFAD (hip flexion assist device).

Looks sort of complicated to put on, and something that I would not be able to put on by myself.

https://www.thenewgait.com/newgait-instructions/

It does appear to help a lot, though, from looking at the user videos.

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• RobertG478
    started a topic NewGait device

NewGait device

Hello, I am new to this forum and am interested in assistive devices. Like most of you I don't have a lot of $$ to spend so I became interested when I saw NewGait online (https://www.thenewgait.com/). Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has tried it?
Working...
X