Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling vests?

Hi,
    Been a while since I have been here. I was dx in 2002 and doing pretty well considering. I am 60 years young.

I just started back at the gym about 3 months ago. I only do the treadmill for an hour every other day. I hurt after but definitely feel better mentally physically.

The problem I have at the gym is that it is so warm in there even they have AC and fans blowing. I have a little fan that put in front of me which helps w bit. Heat is a huge problem for me. The heat causes extreme fatigue and dizziness.

I really love going but I need to find a way to keep myself cooler. I've read a bit about cooling vests but this seem so cumbersome.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

I know of one lightweight cooling vest that might meet your requirements. The vest is lightweight enough to fit under most other clothing. The name is the ARCTIC HEAT BODY COOLING VEST, but they are not cheap ($220 range). Multiple times a year, they release coupon codes to people on their email list, or on Facebook.

The product has an old and new website. The old website shows a woman wearing the cooling vest. For some unknown, potentially insane, reason they only put male pictures on the new one.

Comment

Thanks Marco, I will check it out. They keep it so hot and steamy at the YMCA that it makes it very difficult to workout. Hopefully this will help. Happy New Year 😄

Comment

Cooling

If you feel a vest might be cumbersome, try the cooling neck wraps and/or wrist wraps. These keep my body cool even on the hottest days. I get mine from Polar Breeze website:
        polarbreezebandanas.com
        Hope it helps! It is so great you can exercise!

Comment

Go swimming.

Comment

here is a site for you to check out. i don`t know any of the details. MSAA Cooling Distribution http://www.msassociation.org/programs/cooling/
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

cooling vest

I Dont have the cooling vest but I do have the Donjoy ice man you wrap them around your legs or where it hurts and your good to go it helps pains 75 precent

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions 😄

I went to the gym today and it was so hot in there I nearly passed out. I asked to opened some windows which they did. That helped a bit. I really to get serious about some type cooling device especially since it has been so warm here in California.

I will those sites mentioned and let you know what I decide on. By the way swimming is out because they keep it to warm and I really do not like water but thanks for the suggestion.

Have a wonderful evening. Debbie

Comment

Working...
                X