Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Rocker AFO accessories

Hi,

I am currently wearing a Blue Rocker for my drop foot. I need to get new velcro straps as mine are getting old and are not holding as good as they used to. I see on Allard's web site that I can now get the MikroFix Velcro Kit, the cover sole, and the Soft Shell in different colors. Does anyone know where I can get any of them? The last time I talked to the office where I bought my Blue Rocker, they said that they didn't carry the velcro straps that I got with my AFO, but they had something like it. I've tried emailing the rep for Allard in this country, but haven't heard anything back from him. Does anyone have a place where I can get these online? Thanks.

Blue Rocker replacement straps

Hi...was wondering if you had found a source to replace your Blue Rocker straps. I too am having difficulty finding a source THAT DOESN'T WANT TO GOUGE MY EYEBALLS OUT. The Dr.'s office said it would be out of my pocket and for 4 straps I would have to pay $60. That's 52" of strap material for $60....which I can't afford to pay every 6 mo.'s or so. Thought maybe you could enlighten me on what you paid and where you got yours.
    Thanks so much for any help or info you can share.
    Larry

Comment

hunt online for "O&P supplies". I think the item you want is velstretch or perhaps regular velcro. Comes in boxes of a huge roll that you simply cut to length. I never need the hook side but always need the fuzzy loop side. It was significantly cheaper ordering my own 75yard bulk roll than the ridiculous copays for a short replacement strap at local company.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Straps for Blue Rockers

Hi everybody,
        A while ago I asked if anyone knew where to buy new straps for Blue Rocker braces. No one seemed to have any answers, but I found out where you can get them if anyone else needs them. Go to this web site for CMTA (Charcot-Marie Tooth Association) https://www.cmtausa.org/index.php

Click on their resource center button to find a link to their store. They have both the straps plus the whole Soft Kit for sale. Their prices are very reasonable ( $5.00 for a pair of straps and 2 different Soft Kits - $35.00 and $40.00).

Comment

Interesting. I need to buy some for my toe offs. They get so ratty so soon. I will check out this site to see if they possibly will work for mine too. Otherwise its off to searching.

Thanks for the tip
          Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X