get my feet up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get my feet up ?

I don't use the footrests on my quickie 2 w/c, cause I can't get close to anything, they stick out too far . I can't hold my feet up, so they drag on the floor making it really hard to roll. Any ideas ?
    I have a power chair and the armrests and footplate also stick out too far.
    Tried raising w/c and it was not enough.

I have a Quickie 2 as well. I wanted to make the footrests not stick out as much, because I was always banging the wall when I turned a tight corner in our home. I was told there were different angles of the supports for the footrests, from 90 degrees to 60 degrees. I don't know what you have, but maybe there's one that would bring the footrests in closer?

In my case, they were able to adjust the position of the actual footrest so that it didn't stick out as much. It shortened it a couple of inches and was cheaper than buying new supports.

On my powerchair, I have arms that flip up out of the way so I can get close to tables, etc. Do you have those?

Comment

Thanks, I will check out the footrest . My powew chair arms do flip up, but I am afraid I will fall over.

Comment

they also have different styles of footrests, in addition to leg angles. Talk to your seating evaluator or DME supplyer.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Working...
        X