Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your definition of mild ms?

1.Does it include an EDSS level?

scroll to the bottom of this page to see EDSS level..
    http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/msprognosis.html

2.Does mild ms measured have to be determined with or without meds?

3. if have aggressive relapse how long do the effects have to last for it to be no longer mild ms? or how soon do the effects have to resolve for it still be considered mild ms ?

my guess, but i'm interested in how much the answers differ in the group.

1.what maximum level on EDSS for it to be mild MS? i think below an EDSS level of 4 it can be mild
    @EDSS 3.5 = fully ambulatory, with moderate disability in 1 functal system, and more than minimal disability in several others.

2. can mild ms be measured? , does it have to be measured with or without meds?
    kind of conflicted on that one because vision disability is defined as best CORRECTED vision possible--but for SS disability determination in july 2008 they amended the disability law to include it as a disability IF medication are required to keep it from being a disability and to include episodically nature like MS or epilepsy. when appplying for disability you describe your worst day, not your best day.

i'm undecided on this question but i lean to mild ms having to be ms in its natural state, unmedicated.

if you have an aggressive relapse how soon do they have to resolve for it to be considered mild ms?
    i think any one who has an aggressive relapse is no longer mild when the first aggressive relapse happens..no matter how long it lasts.

which leaves the uncertainty in question #2 #3, what is moderate disability? and what is an aggressive relapse compared to a moderate relapse?

an aggressive relapse, i will define my meaning as a POLY Regional Relapse affecting more functional system areas..
    moderate disability i don't have a definition for that in my mind.

i'm interested in how the answers differ for everyone?
    xxxxxxxxxxx
Working...
X