Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and IPIR

Hello everyone!

I have recently noticed that it has been awhile since I have seen posts on IPIRs. However, I just got a new batch of meds and injected last night to end up with a mild IPIR. This is my second IPIR since beginning Copaxone in June 2009.

My first one occurred just about a year ago. That IPIR was really bad, with my face bright red/orange, splotches on my chest, a sensation of losing my bowels (thank goodness that didn't happen! LOL!) and very intense pressure in chest and head. This first IPIR created quite a bit of generalized anxiety that lasted until the next day. This first IPIR occurred in an injection in my arm.

However, my IPIR last night was mild and moved up through my chest to my neck and head. I felt faint and sweaty, but it was over very quickly. This injection was a hip shot and there was a decent amount of blood when I pulled out the needle.

I did inject tonight with no issues!

Just thought I'd share to see if anyone else has had any lately.

For those of you that are new to Copaxone, do not be afraid. If you know what is happening, just remember that it passes quickly. It doesn't happen often (one of my friends has injected for 6+ years and has NEVER had one!) and the benefit of the DMD is well worth it!
Working...
X