A few questions on symptoms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions on symptoms...

I know everyone is different but I am looking to see if anyone diagnosed with ms has felt like this.

Background - 35 year old female. Last October I was experiencing numbness etc and I went to a neruo for an mri with and without contrast (cervical). My mom had Arnold Chiari malformation and she was concerned it was that. My scan came out clean, he didn't see signs of that or any lesions.

On and off throughout the year I still had the same sypmtoms, not as bad and they would come and go so I kind of just let it go.

The past two weeks I have felt very different. I am not good at explaining my symptoms so forgive me. I feel as though my body could give out at any moment. Where my shoulders meet on my back, it feels as though someone is pushing on me constantly. My arms and legs feel heavy and sometimes I can feel them moving and other times I only know they are moving because I am watching them.

I don't feel dizzy or lightheaded and my body feels as though I could probably get cut or break a leg and not really feel it, if that makes any sense. It has been a constant, I feel better in the mornings but by afternoon it's more pronounced.

If you have an episode, how long does it last? Do the symptoms come and go?

I have an appt with my regular doctor tomorrow, hopefully he can get me a diagnosis.

Any thoughts?

At the time I was diagnosed, there had to be 3 distinctive times, or flares.

There is no set time of a flare.
    Weeks, days, it is what it is.

Comment

I have not had symptoms like you are describing, but I'm sure they are very concerning for you and I want to wish you the best in seeing your doctor and figuring out what is going on!

Comment

Working...
      X