Anyone else hate MRIs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
    I am an easily entertained person. I like to count how many different sounds I hear
    journeyman,

You would have liked the very early MRIs. They were louder and if you focused on the sounds it almost sounded like beats to music...Yes, I am also easily entertained

doublebuttons, I neither hate nor like the MRI...it's simply a diagnostic tool.

Like many others I can fall asleep in a MRI.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

The newer 3-Tesla machines could bake a turkey! (esp when one is in there for 3 hrs!)

I used to enjoy the (quiet) time and nap before the 3-T's came out.
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different result
      "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death" -Earl Wilson

Comment

What's the deal with the new, more powerful machines???

For my last MRI I was glad to think it would be quicker and perhaps the tube a bit larger because of the greater Tesla rating... NOPE!

The test took l-o-n-g-e-r than before and the tube felt like a "S/M" instead of the "Medium," which had been PLENTY tight for my tastes!

Seems like a lot of time and money for something that really doesn't lead to any other options for treatment.

Glad it's a year 'til my next...

No fan of "shooting the tube,"

Hawkeye
        "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~James Elliot

Comment

Yes, I despise them and always have. I've had quite a few over the past 9 months (brain biopsy 9 months ago) and learned a new trick that helps me.

I now wear a SLEEP MASK, and it has done wonders. I don't have to worry about keeping my eyes shut from the get go anymore. It really helps me relax and if I want to open my eyes I can without freaking out anymore.

On my last one I actually forgot it, so I had the technitian put a towel over my eyes which still worked fine. Oh, I also take valium to get through it too.

Tammy

Comment

I'm also an MRI napper. Last summer the power cut out during my MRI, interrupting my perfectly good nap.

Comment

Working...
            X