Lots of questions..numbness of feet, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of questions..numbness of feet, etc

I was diagnosed back in 2004 but just started on Copaxone this month. I was just too scared to start therapy before this. Last Sept I had a BAD relapse......since that time, I have lost most of the feeling in both feet...they just feel numb. I have problems with my vision from time to time, bladder problems that come and go..but it's that burning feeling and numb feeling in my feet that drives me crazy.. I have never regained my feeling back in my feet. I feel like my toes are crossed at times. It's worse when I sit or lay down.
    Anyone else experience that? Any one else on Copaxone and how did it work for you?

You should talk to your doctor about your symptoms. Neurontin (generic is gabapentin) might help with the burning sensation in your feet, but it won't help with the numbness.

There are also medications to help with bladder symptoms.

Remember, the Copaxone won't help your symptoms, just hopefully delay progression.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Sue
    Previous Meds: Avonex, Copaxone
    Beta Babe: January 2007

Comment

C

I don't have numbness--just right side weakness which comes and goes.

I've been on C for about 20 months. No relapses so far. It does take about 6-8 months for C to begin its job.

Have you called your neuro and discussed this?

Comment

Hi buttons, welcome to MSWorld!!

I do have occasional burning in my feet (mostly annoying).

Your best bet would be to call your neuro and go over all the sx your having.

You know--I have had that feeling of the toes being crossed afew times too, and this is on my good foot, not the weak one.

I was on Beta for about 2 1/2 years, now on Tysabri.

Hope you get some relief soon!

Comment

Working...
        X