Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions regarding a stem cell transplant

hello everyone,

to make a very very very long story short, i'm about to have a stem cell transplant at Ohio State University Medical Center in the HALT MS medical trial. anybody else here go through a stem cell transplant? any tips? how badly should i be freaking out? what were your results? was it worth it?

thanks,
    ToNY

How exciting

Tony,

I am looking into storing our child's cord blood and would be very interested in how your trial goes.

Comment

Just finished my hospital stay in Houston for HALT-MS five days ago. Look me up at ActiveMSers.org under contact. I'm detailing the whole experience over time on an area of our forum, but that will take time, as I am catching up on life. Give me a call and I can fill you in on what to expect and tricks of the lengthy hospital stay.

Note, SCT discussion will NOT be on other areas of the website, as my focus is on helping others with MS stay active regardless of disability.

Good luck, Tony, and chat with you soon!

Dave Bexfield, ActiveMSers

Comment

Good luck, Dave! I discussed SCT with my neuro (I was investigating the procedure at Hopkins), and he agreed to send whatever they needed, but I didn't qualify for the study...my MS was too advanced.

I stay as active as possible, but it's really SO hard. Good luck to you, Ant!
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Working...
        X