Help, has this ever happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, has this ever happened to you?

Okay so back in June I had this little episode where out of the blue I had this pain in my back on left side (middle) and faint feeling followed immediately by heart palpitations. This lasted (the palps maybe 2 minutes) Even when it went away I was still dizzy etc. and my arms and legs shook for about 10 minutes. I ended up at the ER where they said we have no clue basically. Followed up with reg dr. she thought maybe it was an adrenal issue following steroids I had for an exacerbation in March.

I had 2 other smaller episodes minus the shaking but with the back pain followed by the faintness (arms and legs) nausea etc. Well then a week and a half ago same thing but pain raidiated to front of my chest had palps but shook for about 30 min then some smaller episodes. Back to the ER they did chest xray, blood work, EKG. All of that was good. That ER doctor thought it might be a side effect of the Copaxone i take ( these have been at differnt times of the day and not very close to when I take my shot). I had a lesser episode tonight with the faintness, palps, tight/pain around side and front on left chest/back. The tightness lasted was a little weak, but did not shake just felt shaky if that makes sense. I am due back to my neuro next month. This is driving me crazy. Anyone else experienced this? Sorry for the novel.

Kristy

No. Left side stuff, chest pain and palpitations are a bit of a worry. Sounds like a dicky ticker, but you've had the tests and it's okay.
    Go back to the doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by kmdyer21 View Post
      Okay so back in June I had this little episode where out of the blue I had this pain in my back on left side (middle) and faint feeling followed immediately by heart palpitations. This lasted (the palps maybe 2 minutes) Even when it went away I was still dizzy etc. and my arms and legs shook for about 10 minutes. I ended up at the ER where they said we have no clue basically. Followed up with reg dr. she thought maybe it was an adrenal issue following steroids I had for an exacerbation in March.

I had 2 other smaller episodes minus the shaking but with the back pain followed by the faintness (arms and legs) neausea etc. Well then a week and a half ago same thing but pain raidiated to front of my chest had palps but shook for about 30 min then some smaller episodes. Back to the ER they did chest xray, blood work, EKG. All of that was good. That ER doctor thought it might be a side effect of the Copaxone i take ( these have been at differnt times of the day and not very close to when I take my shot). I had a lesser episode tonight with the faintness, palps, tight/pain around side and front on left chest/back. The tightness lasted was a little weak, but did not shake just felt shaky if that makes sense. I am due back to my neuro next month. This is driving me crazy. Anyone else experienced this? Sorry for the novel.

Kristy
      could it be the MS hug all seem to talk about? Not sure if it fits, but you could look at those threads and see if there are any simularities.

Comment

Originally posted by kmdyer21 View Post

I had 2 other smaller episodes minus the shaking but with the back pain followed by the faintness (arms and legs) nausea etc. Well then a week and a half ago same thing but pain raidiated to front of my chest had palps but shook for about 30 min then some smaller episodes. Back to the ER they did chest xray, blood work, EKG. All of that was good. That ER doctor thought it might be a side effect of the Copaxone i take ( these have been at differnt times of the day and not very close to when I take my shot). I had a lesser episode tonight with the faintness, palps, tight/pain around side and front on left chest/back. The tightness lasted was a little weak, but did not shake just felt shaky if that makes sense. I am due back to my neuro next month. This is driving me crazy. Anyone else experienced this? Sorry for the novel.

Kristy
        Kristy, let me just say that while the ER doctors (who generally don't know **** about MS) may want to help, they should stick to setting broken bones and stitching up cuts.

In other words, have your heart checked by a cardiologist. This is the only kind of doctor who can give you an answer you can trust when it comes to your heart.

Good luck, Kristy, and keep us posted!
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Working...
        X