• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solesta for fecal incontinence?

*****cut and pasted material removed as per MSWorld guidelines*****
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I have the bowel incontince problem once in awhile, and then there's just a little leakage, several times a day. The problem disappears for weeks at a time, and then suddenly comes back.

I started taking fiber capsules, but think that makes it happen. However, otherwise I'm constipated!

What to do??? I'm going to ask my neuro, even though it'll be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by maximumlite View Post
        I've had the runs my whole life and used to drive my doc crazy that I'm on pain meds that constipate a normal person and I was taking a couple Imodiums a day, I'd eat and have to be near a bathroom soon. Than a year ago I got plugged bad, thought they were going to have to go in and get it out but lots of fiber and Miralax and since that day no more runs, steady constipation, but saving money on Imodium, I'd like to know if that was MS related.

Not to be rude but;
        Which is better?
        Is one way easier to deal with than the other?
        Is it just two different types of,"pain in the butt"?

Comment

For those of you who are desperately seeking freedom from this embarassing problem, colostomy may be the answer. Their are a lot of bowel training programs with varying degrees of success and of course should be explored where available. I was literally housebound because of incontinence. High fiber, low residue, scheduled laxatives, scheduled doses of anti diarrheals. Most people have a 15-20 minute warning urge. I would have been satisfied with a 5 minute warning. Often my warning came before I could walk 30 feet to the bathroom. For urine incontinence, diapers work, for poop it either runs out the leg or squishes onto your anatomy.

Either way means a shower and a change of clothes. I was also having 15-20 stools on some days. If this is TMI please read no more. Anyway once I had the colostomy, I was free of the problem because the incontinent stool goes into a well fitted, oder proof, vented bag. I can go shopping, out to eat, to a movie with my sweetie or take a walk around the block without the dreaded fear of soiling my pants. We have a saying in the ostomate world, "Better a bag than a diaper." I believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnwillow View Post
            "Better a bag than a diaper." I believe it.
            Well said.

Comment

Tommylee,

I will say the constipation as it is easier to control as there are no more accidents or leakage, I do not miss the runs and feel sorry for those who have that to deal with on top of everything else

Comment

Working...
              X