HELP FEAR Spinal Chord Stimulator for Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP FEAR Spinal Chord Stimulator for Pain

Newbie here DX 2 years ago doing overall ok but excruciating pain in flats fo feet and in both legs up to knees. The pain is crippling, but once meds kick in I am 80% OK
    I'm sure I'm repeating a question written here before. Neuro is doing a third set of MRI's in 3 years - this time to measure any success with Copaxone (one year of injections)
    QUESTION I am having spianl chord stimulator inplanted on Thursday after the MRI as I NEED to get off pain meds and the stimulator chord trial worked.

PLEASE reply jot any experiences down (good or bad) The the pain mangmt doc doing the surgery says NO I cannot have them removed EVER yet I have heard of some people rmeoving them within and up to two years? This is my last hope for pain relief any getting off of vicodain. I am not in love with the stimulator (rather the idea) but I cannot ruin my liver and am always naseoues with the pain meds I realize I will likely still have to take some meds but not the 12 a day (somedays - that I do now) Does one's body fully learn to live with the stimulators' buzz and knwo the pain is still there but being masqueraded by the buzzing form the stimulator
    thank you all SO MUCH
    Jim
Working...
X