Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone please tell me they have experienced this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone please tell me they have experienced this.

Hi. I am new here. dx in 2009. I have met someone that has xperienced most of my main sx's except this one.......Often times,when I look at my left hand,it does not look like MY left hand? Do you know what I mean? I know it's MY hand,I know it is a hand,it just looks.......odd?

Do you mean that your hand is like a claw and you are unable to spread your fingers? That's what mine turned into. It bites!

Comment

I've had this before... you see your own body parts but do not recognize them as your own... like you're looking at someone elses... it only happened a couple times for me so I wondered if I was just being weird those few times.

Comment

Ive done this with my legs a few times.. it is kinda strange!!
        RRMS-2007-2012
        SPMS-2012
        Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
        currently on Rebif

Comment

Sounds strange but!!

Well what im thinking this could be is the way your brain is dealing with the signal degradation being caused by the loss of myelin within the brain, Which in turn is causing some cognitive abilities to malfunction, this could be why you are seeing your hand as a foreign object and are unable to recognise it as a part of your own body.

Please be aware that this is only a guess but it would be a question to put to your Neurologist.

Hope this helps

Regards
          JamesM

Comment

I have read about that with people who are getting a migraines. (altered body perception)

Do you get migraines maybe?
            *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

Comment

Working...
            X